Cost Accountant - Manufacturing
Company: BD Strategy Partners
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are helping one of our manufacturing clients hire a Cost
Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join a stable (in
business for over 20 years), growing organization, and work
directly with the new VP of Finance and CEO as they are taking the
business to the next level
Our client is looking for someone with a strong accounting
background with an emphasis on Cost Accounting principles.
Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- Assist with calculating accurate item-level standard costs by
working cross-functionally with the Manufacturing, Production, New
Product Commercialization, Operations Product Development, and
Procurement teams on operational rates and material prices loaded
into our Deacom system.
- Assist with monthly closing activities including preparing
journal entries for sales, cost of goods sold, inventory in
transit, and inventory accrual.
- Assist with calculating and accumulating the monthly Excess and
Obsolete financial impacts by working with the Planning and
Material Supply teams.
- Multi-task with different deadlines from various
- Participate in data cleansing from a costing and accounting
perspective as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly Sales and COGS in the P&L.
- Ensure accuracy of New Product Cost Estimates (Feasibility /
Initial / Final)
- Strong desire to learn product costing, systems, and
manufacturing processes utilized by the Operations teams.
- 2+ years of progressive financial accounting experience in a
manufacturing environment with a heavy focus on cost
- Experience working with operations and manufacturing team
members on the development and analysis of cost standards.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with
members of finance, manufacturing, and operations to solve
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Interested in learning plant manufacturing and data
tracking/collection processes including labor hours and material
- Detail-oriented, ability to roll up the sleeves and work on
- Desire to learn managerial accounting including month-end
processes and variance analysis. Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Strong communication skills.
- Apply Business Partnership techniques to meet expectations and
deliver on deadlines.
Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor's of Science in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
from an accredited university.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills,
ability to learn new software quickly
Keywords: BD Strategy Partners, Trenton , Cost Accountant - Manufacturing, Accounting, Auditing , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!