Company: HBK CPAs & Consultants
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Audit ManagerHBK is growing, now a Top 50 accounting firm
according to Accounting Today magazine and a Top 100 registered
investment advisory according to Financial Advisor Magazine. Our
hundreds of collaborating professionals have created and foster
thousands of close, caring, supportive client relationships. Growth
requires talent, so we continue to seek capable, dedicated
professionals in all aspects of financial services. Our recruits
choose their career paths. We want you to excel in your career as
part of a dynamic team, and we provide the support and the
resources to help you succeed. The breadth and depth of experience
we offer you is unique in the marketplace. We are entrepreneurs
working with entrepreneurs, owners working with people who are
owners of small and mid-size businesses, the heartbeat of our
country. We are more consultants than number crunchers, an
influence in our communities as well as our clients and their
finances. When we go home at night, we know we've made something
happen for our clients. If you want a career that is all about
helping people, you're the kind of person we're looking for. Please
read on to discover if you could see yourself joining the HBK
Family as our newest Audit Manager. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take charge of all assigned engagements including, team
staffing, job planning and scheduling with the Senior
- Study and evaluate the internal controls used by the client,
and prepare or review the work program and time budget (for
subsequent approval by a Principal).
- Support the training of team members; offer guidance and
direction, give constructive criticism of working papers.
- Review with the Senior Manager or Principal any significant
engagement findings that raise questions involving accounting
principles or statement presentation.
- Prepare or review financial statements, notes, schedules,
management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between
the Manager or director and the client.
- Prepare an engagement evaluation report for each team member
supervised and discuss with that person (individually) before
forwarding to Principal.
- Serve in educational programs, as an instructor or discussion
- Monitor the budget throughout the engagement, alerting the
Senior Manager/Principal if time exceeds the budget.
- Identify additional areas of work, i.e. work beyond the scope
of the engagement letter, estimate the amount of time and receive
client approval before commencing work.
- Assist new businesses with entity selection and software
- Display a high degree of technical and professional competence
including remaining up-to-date on all professional
- Contribute to team members' semi-annual and annual performance
- Represent the firm at special social events and private
- Minimum of 8+ years previous public accounting experience.
- Candidates should have a competent working knowledge of
accounting and auditing practices and be able to research and
resolve complex accounting issues.
- Previous experience in planning and supervising audit and large
review engagements is required.
- Candidates should possess solid research and writing skills,
excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and the
ability to interact with all levels of staff and clients.
- Experience with employee benefit plans and/or Single Audits is
- A competent working knowledge of accounting and auditing
software is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent computer skills,
communication skills, time management skills and the ability to
work effectively with all levels of staff and clients.
- Previous public accounting experience and CPA designation are
required.Other benefits include:
- 401(k) plan and profit sharing
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Open PTO leave policy for professional staff
- Paid holidays
- Business causal dress codeIf your goal is to become an
accomplished professional, if you are driven to achieve, if you are
eager for financial success and insist on getting great personal
satisfaction from your work, HBK has a lot to offer. You'll have
access to the knowledge and support you need to discover your sweet
spots and determine your career path, and importantly, the
opportunity to engage in the real work of financial services from
the day you enter an HBK office.
Keywords: HBK CPAs & Consultants, Trenton , Audit Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!