Senior Technical Support Analyst
Company: Princeton University
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Facilities department seeks a Senior Technical Support Analyst
to join the Facilities IT Staff. The Senior Technical Support
Analyst will be part of a 3-person team of support staff who are
responsible for the setup, configuration, training and ongoing
management of Facilities' Windows machines, cameras, and storage
infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in the
planning, design, installation, testing and maintenance of the
Windows-based platform that support Facilities and business
functions of the university. The position also requires working
closely with colleagues in OIT as well as collaboration with
technical staff in university departments to provide timely and
creative support of infrastructure development projects.
The position is part of Facilities Information Technology (FIT)
group, which is a unit of Facilities Finance and Administrative
Services (FFAS) and provides service to Princeton's 800+ person
Facilities organization. It is a key position and the candidate
must possess strong administrative and team engagement skills with
the ability to work and make decisions autonomously. This position
requires a high-level of technical acumen, excellent interpersonal
communication skills, and the ability to balance priorities while
ensuring a high quality of technical support and training
- Serve as trusted senior technical advisor and provide support
to diagnose/troubleshoot and correct daily hardware and software
issues for various members of the University's Facilities
department. This includes iPads, smartphones, laptops and desktop
and peripheral devices such as printers, cameras, scanners, smart
devices, sensors, and copiers.
- Work closely with the vendors and central network, firewall,
and security teams to ensure implementation and support of devices
and peripherals that reside on the network.
- Proactively design, explore, research, and benchmark solutions
and emerging technologies.
- The candidate must be willing to support Facilities
departmental work including responding to various IT outages,
deadline driven dates, and peak periods. Departmental assets may
contain confidential and legally protected data; therefore, the
candidate is required to work closely with the Office of
Information Technology on security protocol and review.
- Install and support Microsoft Windows based applications
including IIS, MS SQL, .NET and SharePoint.
- Install, maintain and support multifaceted software used across
- Analyze requirements and determine system configurations and
features needed to support client applications and
- Provide technical expertise in the resolution of operating
system and infrastructure problems.
- Participate in testing new versions of software such as Windows
operating systems, IIS, clustering, virtualization (servers and
desktops) and other infrastructure products.
- Provide technical leadership to team members and other
colleagues in matters of subject expertise.
- Lead technical deployments across the enterprise or
Process & Administrative
- Manage and ensure the integrity of an Inventory of
approximately 1900 technical assets
- Clearly communicate the progress and status of IT initiatives
- Create, maintain and/or enhance process and systems
- Ensure all university and departmental IT protocols are
strictly adhered to
- Maintain configuration item and asset data, report creation,
and ticket management within ServiceNow
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of hands-on computer hardware
support and software installation/administration experience is
required. This includes peripherals such as printers, scanners,
camera, smart devices, and copiers.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical deployments across
the enterprise or department is required. General knowledge of
networks and how they work is essential (i.e. firewalls,
- The ability to learn new systems beyond area of
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and the proven
ability to communicate with a diverse user base that have varied
- Strong technical acumen and prioritization skills.
- Competitive candidates have strong and demonstrated experience
in supporting Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 operating systems; Mac OSX
10.7 (Lion)-13.1 (Ventura); Microsoft Office Suite 2016-2022; Apple
IOS 5.1.1 - 16.1; Android OS Oreo, Pie, 10, 11, & 12.
- Experience supporting HP and Konica Minolta printers;
Experience with and configuring Audio Visual equipment.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft 365: Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Project, Visio,
OneDrive, and Teams
- Experience in supporting Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Google
Apps and Outlook Web Apps, TechSmith-SnagIt, and Zoom
- All Facilities employees are considered essential. Successful
candidates must be available to work after core hours to support
emergency requests and have experience providing remote customer
- Experience providing hands on technical support for desktops,
mobile devices and peripherals within a Facilities or manufacturing
environment is preferred.
- Knowledge with TCP/IP and the ability to do network traffic
analysis, the development of firewall rules and SSL
- Experience in system patch management
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT management
- Experience with ServiceNow SPM/ITSM
- Experience with Microsoft Intune (MAM)
- Experience with Jamf Apple Mobile Device Management
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ or equivalent
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Note: The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a
Princeton University is an and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Princeton University, Trenton , Senior Technical Support Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!