Sr. Specialist, Training & Education
Company: Terumo Medical Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
In this fast paced and critical role, Sr. Training & Education
Specialist will evaluate and develop training for all associates,
field and non-field facing, within Terumo Interventional Systems
(TIS). Will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and
execution of product and clinical training curriculums to new hires
and existing associates within TIS. Sr. Training & Education
Specialist is responsible to use the best in class means of
training delivery including e-learning, self-study, computer-based
training assessments, classroom and virtual training to deliver
approved clinical and product messaging via our customer
interaction model. Will partner closely with sales, field clinical,
marketing, and medical affairs to ensure training curriculum and
materials adequately prepare associates to successfully sell all
TIS promoted products by meeting all internal and external
requirements. In this role, will apply project management
techniques to ensure projects, i.e. all new training courses and
materials, are completed on-time and within established
Live trainings will be conducted in Somerset NJ and other travel
may be required for training events. This role may be office based
1. - - - -Design and develop clinical and product training for new
hire training, CORE Training, pre-launch, post-launch, National
Sales Meetings, Area Sales Meetings, etc.
2. - - - -Accountable to assess organizational needs and align
training strategies based on those needs.
3. - - - -Develop and implement competency certification for
clinical and product knowledge for all eligible TIS associates.
Certification includes meeting all internal and external
requirements such as hospital, legal and regulatory agencies and
vendor credentialing organizations.
4. - - - -Continually evaluate the effectiveness of training
programs and materials. Continue to look for opportunities to
enhance and continually evaluates training content for accuracy and
updates out-dated information.
5. - - - -Manage training program budget appropriately while
maintaining highest standards for vendors or partnering
organizations that are utilized.
6. - - - -Lead advanced training classes for all associates
including field sales, field clinical, corporate accounts and
marketing. This includes, but is not limited to, developing
content, scheduling of classes, agendas, guest speakers and
facilitating training sessions containing product and clinical
7. - - - -Is a subject matter expect and certified trainer on
Terumo's selling model, responsible for training new hires and
incumbent associates on Terumo's selling model.
8. - - - -Evaluate new hires during training sessions to provide
coaching and feedback to new hires and their managers.
9. - - - -Partner with marketing in the creation of sales training
curriculum and materials for existing products.
10. -Design, develop and collaborate with marketing colleagues to
develop training curriculum and materials to support new
product/line extension launches. Once the launch is executed, will
incorporate product launch training materials into new hire
training curriculums for future new hire training sessions.
11. -Provide clinical guidance in support of Advertising and
Promotions Policy as needed.
12. -Provide guidance and support related to procedures and
products to NPD, Regulatory and Quality as required.
13. -Collaborate in the planning of product and clinical training
content for regional, area and national sales meetings.
14. -Responsible and accountable for developing and tracking
learning metrics for each training session.
15. -Lead and develop activities and trainings for field based
16. -Conduct field visits with territory managers and field
clinicals to remain abreast of the industry, clinical, product and
17. -Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and product quality
by maintaining compliance with all TMC Quality Systems
requirements. This includes but is not limited to the prompt
recognition and forwarding of customer complaints (i.e. adverse
events, product performance reports, etc.) to Quality Assurance
(QA), and by ensuring all promotional messaging (i.e. branding
strategies, product claims, etc.) and materials (i.e. literature)
discussed or presented to customers are clinically accurate and
adhere to AdvaMed guidelines and Terumo's policy on Interactions
with Healthcare Professionals. -Maintain strong knowledge of and
adherence to regulations regarding promotional material content and
control. Fully adhere to all applicable FDA regulations,
international guidelines and Terumo's policies at all times.
18. -Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- - - - - - -This position exists in an office environment or
remote. Up to 50% overnight travel is required, including
occasional weekend travel.
- - - - - - -Occasional entry to hospitals and other medical
facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor
credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined
training, background check and proof of immunization requirements
as a condition of entry. Terumo Associates entering these
facilities are required to abide by these credentialing
- - - - - - -When visiting hospitals and other medical facilities,
must be able to gain access to and work in the IR suite, cath lab
and operating room. Entry into these areas requires an ability to
wear appropriate gowning, stand for long periods of time, comply
with hospital policy/protocol and be aware of potential biohazards
such as blood borne pathogens.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- - - - - - -Strong knowledge of the human anatomy and ability to
master relevant clinical and product related information.
- - - - - - -Strong interpersonal communication skills,
presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- - - - - - -Knowledge of adult learning principles, innovative
training approaches, and instructional design.
- - - - - - -Strong communications skills both verbal and written
and an ability to communicate complex product and clinical
information in an easy to understand manner.
- - - - - - -Ability to manage budget and deliver programs within
prescribed budgetary limits.
- - - - - - -Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including
ability to create complex PowerPoint training presentations.
- - - - - - -Strong organizational planning and project management
skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
under tight deadlines while working cross-functionally with both
internal associates and managing through outside vendors.
- - - - - - -Strength in the following competencies is required:
Strategic Thinking, Managing Complexity, Leading without Authority,
Organization Development, Collaboration, and Project
- - - - - - -Strong attention to detail.
- - - - - - -Requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5+ years
of sales training experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical
environment; or an equivalent combination of education and
- - - - - - -Prior experience in sales, marketing or clinical is
- - - - - - -Prior experience in Endovascular or Embolotherapy
sales or training is strongly preferred.
- - - - - - -Experience managing sales training curriculums and
sales training classes is strongly preferred.
Keywords: Terumo Medical Corporation, Trenton , Sr. Specialist, Training & Education, Education / Teaching , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!