Aerospace Design Engineer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job #: R-00051248
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Defense Description Job Description:Leidos is dedicated to
making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our
customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions.
From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's
over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting
sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are
solving critical challenges across the globe. The QRC AISR Group at
Leidos currently has an opening for a--Mechanical Engineer--to work
in our--Bridgewater, VA--office. This is an exciting opportunity to
use your experience helping the--Leidos--mission. In this mission,
we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
platforms for today's warfighter. Primary Responsibilities
- Communicate weekly with subcontractors and DoD officials for
programmatic updates and requirements.
- Regularly utilize approval authority for configuration
- Apply analytical skills to dissect cause-effect relationships
across engineering disciplines.
- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering
principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for
production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using an established configuration
- Document design requirements and decisions using certified
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project
management principles to prioritize work to meet performance,
quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality
of work.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with a
minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience; additional years
of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Possible programs
may include SolidWorks, Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, Creo, Pro/E,
- Experience in mechanical design processes and best
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types,
which may involve kneeling, stooping, standing, and lifting
- Ability to perform on-aircraft surveys in confined spaces
against 2D drawings.
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics.
- Strong understanding of configuration management
- Detail oriented and organized personality.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security
- Must be a U.S. citizen.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
- Experience in a design/production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of ISR
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication
- Excellent conceptual visualization skills.AirborneISRExternal
Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly
Family:Mechanical EngineeringPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
email@example.com .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Description Job Description:Leidos is dedicated
to... Description Job Description:At Leidos, we know the...
Description Job Description:The QRC AISR Group at... Join our
Talent Community to create a profile, enabling a streamlined
application process and to help our recruiters better understand
your areas of expertise and interest. Contact us about product
information and pricing, customer feedback, stockholder services,
or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Trenton , Aerospace Design Engineer, Engineering , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!