Senior Engineer Full Stack
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Covid-19 update: To keep you and our employees safe, we're
making changes to our job postings and hiring process. Learn more
Princeton, New Jersey, United States Job ID: 00041484391 Not
- * Clearly undestrand community career lattice and be able to
explain the same to team members.
- * Demostrate appreciation of diversity and inclusion in
- * Highlight any observable deviations in areas of diversity and
- * Take concious effort to improve the diversity quotient of the
teams during recruitment* Organize educational, inspiring, bonding
community events (inperson and virtual).
- * Conduct hiring discussions.
- * Identify potential retention risks and take mitigation
- * Formulate evaluation criteria for recruitment.
- * Participate in college recruitment, summer programs,
hackathons, job fairs, etc to attract new hires to Cognizant.
- * Facilitate mentorship process in a small community of
- * Mentor the team on community brand positioning strategies*
Participate in external brand positioning activities.
- * Report any deviations from people practices that do not
reflect organizational values.
- * Conduct people management processes with fairness,
transparency and diligent.
- * Contribute to design and establishment of people management
processes.KRA-2:Delivering superior engineering outcomes:
- * Be able to effectively elicit role and project expectations
and explain the same to stakeholders participating in talent.
- * Understand the competencyproficiency role mapping for self.
- * Solicit performance feedback and use it to identify
proficiency gaps in the remit of the role.
- * Periodically evaluate team performance and provide the
adequate feedback required to help members move along the path to.
- * Track the team performance on a regular basis and report any
risk to delivery.
- * Contribute to and lead community members in building
knowledge management repository.
- * Be aware of community capabilities available from other
communities and facilitate leveraging them as and when needed.
- * Make judicious and practical commitments while undertaking
- * Highlight any dependencies, risks and bottnecks which can
influence your commitments.
- * Make every effort to ensure your commitments are honoured and
delivered* Reviews the engineering metrics with Engineering
managers to ensure that the project goals and customer goals are
- * Reviews the deliverables and engineering metrics of the
account with Engineering Managers to ensure that the SOW clauses.
- * Discuss competency of the Community members with the
Engineering managers and perform corrective action based on gaps*
Provide honest consistent feedback to peers and team members.
- * Encourage Community leads to attend courses on giving proper
feedback and mentoring.
- * Recognize team members for job well done and nominates for
- * Guide team members in coming up with an improvement plan when
- * Understand the metrics that are relevant for benchmarking
- * Understand the impact of the metrics to the business outcomes
of the customer.
- * Understand how the metrics are mapped and tracked in
Cognizant system.KRA-3:Fostering strong competency:
- * Identify the enablement needs of the team under direct
- * Lead knowledge sharing sessions in your area of expertise*
Work with enablement teams to tailor the programs relevent to
- * Set up strategy and processes for driving competency gap
identification and closures at a community level* Drive
bestpractices for eliciting competencyproficiency gaps.
- * Set up a plan for closing individual rolecompetency gaps and
work towards the same.
- * Help team members understand the diversity of career
opportunities available in CDE and across Cognizant.
- * Observe capabilities of team members and discuss how their
aspirations can be fulfilled through the organizational career
- * Facilitate participation of team members in various
experience building forums.KRA-4:Operating efficiently:
- * Ensure the skill profile and resume are kept current.
- * Manage a roster of interview panelists from your team and
ensure nominations are load balanced and respect individual
- * Track the progress of interview, offer letter and onboarding
dates for hiring requirements in your engagement/account/customer
- * Prepare knowledge base for providing engagement related
induction to new joiners from engineering community.
- * Extend support for helping new community members settle into
their new role, including logistical help if required.
- * Trigger a conversation with HCM supervisor for rotation as
per the policy.
- * Upskill oneself with new skills while on the job to make
oneself eligible for rotation.
- * Be accountable for resolving any conflicts transparently and
fairly during the performance management process.
- * Drive community specific performance management operational
- * Keep a tab on the Rewards and Recognition process, rewards
granted and works with operations team for required changes.
- * Motivate leads and Managers to reward associates in an
appropriate and timely manner.
- * Update Resume in HCM and ensure skill profile in MyCareerApp
- * Mentor your teams to keep record the skill profile promptly
and bring newly acquired skills and proficiencies to the notice of
their home manager.
- * Contributes to the talent profiling framework and the
benchmark associated with the various role & responsibility.
- * Discussion with the associate on the competency gaps and
remedial steps required to overcome the gaps.KRA-5:Building strong
- * Drive discussions with your team on identifying capabilities
and ambitions of moving to a different career track.KRA6:Building
- * Identify ideas that can be converted into reusable assets.
- * Contribute towards creating reusable assets.
- * Contribute to white papers under guidance.
- * Contribute to experince papers under guidance.
- * Contribute to case studies under guidance. Must Have Skills
- Core Java Employee Status : Full Time Employee Shift : Day Job
Travel : No Job Posting : Apr 02 2021About CognizantCognizant
(Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional
services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and
technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based,
consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more
innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.,
Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently
listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how
Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or
follow us @USJobsCognizant. Cognizant is recognized as a Military
Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs
Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in
building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to
leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to
excellence instilled in them through participation in military
service.Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability that
requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or
submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with
your request and contact information. Equal Employment &
Affirmative Action Policy: Cognizant is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you have a disability that requires a
reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an
application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your
request and contact information. How would you rate your experience
Keywords: Cognizant, Trenton , Senior Engineer Full Stack, Engineering , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!