Lead Engineer (remote)
Company: Virtually Human
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Want To Work For a Cutting Edge Tech Start-Up Within Blockchain
- Are you a motivated, results-oriented team player?
- Do You Appreciate the Flexibility of Working From Home?
Virtually Human Studios (VHS) in exploring the fringes of
entertainment delivery for the next generation. Founded in 2019,
Virtually Human is a gaming and entertainment blockchain startup
and proud creators of the viral NFT gaming platform of its time,
ZED RUN. VHS has partnered with some of the most innovative and
leading gaming and sports giants around the world, including Unikn
and Atari just to name a few.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join and
contribute to the delivery of our Blockchain entertainment product,
working within a medium size team and supported by the CTO.
You have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar
position, ideally within blockchain. You are a team player who can
get up to speed quickly, and can influence and motivate them for
alignment with key business objectives.
You have the flexibility required to work with a globally
distributed development team across multiple time zones along with
a good internet connection at all times to allow for easy
facilitation of group video calls. You can write and speak fluent
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with the architecture of our
core product and take ownership;
- Continuous collaboration with the development team in making
the best decisions to build and scale our core set of
- Be a leader in SCRUM processes with sprint planning, reviews,
grooming and retrospectives;
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and
high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotation;
- Support your team in developing their technical and other
professional skills through mentorship, coaching, pair programming,
and code review;
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks, build
internal tooling, increase team efficiency and free the team up for
the work that matters most;
- Contribute to the hiring process to ensure we continue to build
a high performing team with top talent;
- Understand the business vision & goals, ensuring that the team
- Pragmatic JIT optimisation to maintain performance and
stability of our core product, without over optimising;
- A clear understanding of best practices for Elixir development
with proactive involvement in code reviews and peer programming
- Experience with DevOps, Kubernetes, blockchain technology,
- Google cloud experience is desirable but not essential.
Why Work For VHS?
- Attractive and competitive salary;
- Flexible work from home arrangement;
- A supportive friendly environment of dedicated and passionate
- Exposure to the new aged world of Blockchain and NFT's;
- Make the role your own!
To be considered for this position please provide a copy of your
resume and cover letter and/or digital video resume outlining and
addressing the selection criteria.
Keywords: Virtually Human, Trenton , Lead Engineer (remote), Engineering , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!