Staff Data Engineer.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Bring your passion! Develop and deploy digital solutions that
positively impact patients lives, empower surgical teams, increase
surgical safety and efficiency, and modernize access to surgery!
Johnson & Johnson's Front End Digital Solutions, part of Ethicon
Endo-Surgery is recruiting for a(n) Staff Data Engineer, located in
Cincinnati, OH, or remote.
The Staff Data Engineer will join an early innovation team
developing surgical digital solutions of the future. We are
chartering digital products that will be part of a connected
surgical platform growing the applicability of surgical data to a
spectrum of surgical procedures and challenges.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., a global leader in surgery with
products and solutions found in almost every operating room around
the world. Ethicon Endo-Surgery has made meaningful contributions
to surgery and revolutionized surgery with minimally invasive
procedures, helping address the world's most pressing health care
issues and improve and save lives. By connecting surgical
technologies, we will deliver innovation to make a life-changing
The Staff Data Engineer will work with internal and external teams
to architect, develop, and implement software, scripts, processes,
and models used to build connected digital ecosystems around
surgical instruments and surgical data. The Staff Data Engineer
will support the creation and execution of data pipelines with an
increasingly diverse set of data modalities (video, audio,
healthcare data), ingestion of data into machine learning
workflows, feature creation for ML models, deployment of models to
production, and ensure data readiness for other business
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines to support
continuing increases in data volume, diversity and complexity.
- Develop and implement standard methodologies and policies for
data governance that supports the ML development cycle leading to
explainable, repeatable, and production-ready solutions.
- Implement processes and systems to supervise data quality,
ensuring production data is always accurate and available for
business processes that depend on it.
- Innovate in the use of existing data for new product
- Research new opportunities for collecting and processing
- Work closely with a team of software engineers, machine
learning engineers, R&D researchers, electrical engineers, and
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to data scientists
and data engineers.
- Foster an open and honest culture of creativity and
collaboration with intelligent risk-taking and respectful
- Provide peer feedback & mentor junior associates
- Learn medical terminology, procedures & instrumentation 5-10
bulleted duties that represent the most critical
tasks/responsibilities for this job.
Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of experience, Masters Degree with
3+ years of experience, or Ph.D. with 1+years of experience in
Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to design systems for data ingestion and processing
using SQL, noSQL, Spark, Python, Python data science stack (NumPy,
SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Jupyter), Keras, and other ML
- Extensive experience working on ETL (extract-transform-load)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with Git source control.
- Experience working with AWS services (S3, EC2, Redshift) and
- Ability to understand engineering design issues to
conceptualize and develop testing procedures and interpret the data
- Technical writing experience with protocols, quality
procedures, and reports.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience in the medical device industry or other regulated
- Experience with the Agile methodology.
- Experience integrating software, multimodal data, and data
analysis into solutions and equipment.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
The position can be remote or based in Cincinnati, OH. Remote work
requires the ability to travel to Cincinnati, OH as needed. May
require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, United States-New
Jersey-Raritan, United States-New Jersey-Titusville, United
States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, United
States-Massachusetts-Cambridge, United States-New Jersey-Skillman,
United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-New Jersey-New
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Trenton , Staff Data Engineer., Engineering , Raritan, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!