Company: Frauscher Sensor Technology USA Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
APPLICATION ENGINEERFrauscher Sensor Technology USA, Inc.
(Frauscher US); located in Princeton, New Jersey, is a global
pioneer in train detection. Our goal is to help railroaders
generate more information to assure the safety and efficiency of
railroading. Established in 2015, Frauscher US is the subsidiary of
an Austrian based parent is looking to add an Application Engineer
to the team.SCOPE: Perform duties to provide technical support to
North American customers, coordinate with corporate Engineering
staff and support sales cycle efforts. This individual will be
guided by precedent and working within the limits of established
policies, along with self-initiated consultation.ESSENTIAL
- Evaluate customer's application requirements and develop
- Communicate with customers throughout projects from the bid
phase to after-sales support.
- Review data from customers including digital photographs,
technical drawings, 3D models, inspection plans and parts and
provide service estimates.
- Plan and implement configuration / parametrization of products
for projects using software tools.
- Create training manuals, quick reference guides and review
documentation for technical accuracy, as needed, in support of
- Conduct customer trainings and sign-off training checklists
upon requirement completions.
- Provide on-site technical support and supervision to customers,
including working in the railroad right-of-way.
- Respond to high profile or complex customer inquiries received
from customer or department staff.
- Make inquiries to determine the nature and extent of reported
issues and to isolate areas of concern.
- Identify causes of problems and provide solutions to
- Structure solutions to suit user circumstances and level of
competency and communicate through means suited to user
- Provide feedback for product improvement on a regular basis as
determined by experience with the products and customer needs and
- Communicate directly with customers regarding any inquiries or
problems arising during and after installation. Resolve any issues
adhering to established procedures and utilizing expertise,
available tools and other technical personnel as
- B.S. Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Systems)
- Preferred, not required, relevant experience (e.g.,from the
- MS Office competency
- Customer service or technical support experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support customer interface,
sales support and problem resolution
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for customer
meetings, on-site support and training
- Ability to work with mechanical tools
- Position requires the ability to lift/carry objects weighing
- Candidate must be able to travel internationally.TOOLS AND
EQUIPMENT USED:Common office equipment, computer, standard and
custom software, computerized customer tracking software,
mechanical tools (occasionally).MFVD
Keywords: Frauscher Sensor Technology USA Inc., Trenton , Application Engineer, Engineering , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!