New Product Reliability Engineer
Company: SRI International
Posted on: November 25, 2022
SRI, a world leading not-for-profit research institute, is
establishing a scalable capability to enable SRI to transition
world changing technologies from the lab-to-products for both
government and commercial markets. The New Product Reliability
Engineer will be expected to lead all aspects of Product
Reliability throughout the entire product life cycle spanning the
distribution channel from supplier(s), during product system
design-in, and in-field performance.
This position reports to the General Manager/Vice President,
Product Transition as part of the Integrated Systems and Solutions
Division, one of five SRI divisions. The goal of the recently
formed Product Transition effort is to grow such that it becomes a
stand-alone division of SRI, eventually transitioning to a fully
owned, for profit subsidiary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Product Development teams, Contract
Manufacturers and Customers to define product reliability
requirements, perform reliability assessments of proposed product
concepts, develop test programs, monitor in service performance.
Additionally, the ability to execute reliability tests, internally
or externally, will be required to evaluate product
- Drive a Design for Reliability (DfR) methodology for all our
products in collaboration with Product Development teams and
- Work with Product Development team and Contract Manufacturers
and Customers to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new
and modified product and/or components.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive
testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent
- Provide input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate
reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could
adversely impact product performance in service.
- Develop engineering solutions to repeated failures and all
other problems that adversely affect product reliability.
- Use data analysis techniques that include: Statistical Process
Control, Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis,
Failure modes and effect analysis, design, and process (DFMEA,
PFMEA), Weibull Analysis, Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology, Root-cause,
and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA).
- Reliability Engineer goes beyond the root cause analysis to
ensure that known issues are proactively mitigated across all
components, sub-systems, and final products.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Engineering or related STEM
- Strong background and experience with Weibull Analysis, Fault
tree Analysis, FMEA, Reliability modeling and prediction
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a Reliability Engineering
- Proficiency with practical use of Statistical Reliability
Analysis and Design of Experiments (DOE) and Quality Over Time
(Bathtub Curve) approach
- A strong knowledge of fundamental Quality Engineering
principles and techniques; including statistical analysis and
- Proficient in the use of Statistical Analytical Tools (i.e.:
MiniTab, Weibull, Design Expert, or comparable toolsets) and the
meaning behind them in practice
- Demonstrated success with application of structured problem
solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Proficient in the use of electronic systems and software (MS
- High energy and drive with an ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated positive customer facing skills
- Superb communications skills in the written, verbal and
- Familiarity with electronics, imagers, optical components and
- Curious mind, practical mindset. Hunger to make a difference in
- Effective in working across a highly matrixed
- She/he must be comfortable working in an environment of
accountability and meritocracy
- Willingness to travel domestically as well as internationally,
- U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate will be subject to a
SRI has a competitive benefits package, to view details please go
to: https://www.sri.com/resources/benefits/. SRI International, an
over 75-year strong pioneering research institute, has a rich
history supporting government and industry. Our innovations have
created new industries, billions of dollars in market value and
lasting benefits to society. SRI is organized around broad
disciplines and capabilities, with research and development
divisions and labs to groups who excel at identifying new
opportunities, developing products and creating custom solutions.
Our organization is driven by impact - delivering unique solutions
for the world's important challenges and transforming ideas into
reality for clients and partners.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be
subject to a background check.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class.
At SRI we value different identities, perspectives and experiences.
A diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment strengthens
our ability to create world-changing solutions that make people
safer, healthier and more productive.
Keywords: SRI International, Trenton , New Product Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!