Sr. Director of Research & Development
Company: Repligen Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Sr. Director of Research & Development in Bridgewater, New
Jersey - Careers at Bridgewater, NJ Please Enable Cookies to
Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all
the personalized features of this site, including the ability to
apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log
back in! Sr. Director of Research & Development Job Locations
US-NJ-Bridgewater ID 2021-1838 Category Engineering Type Full-Time
Overview The Senior Director of Research and Development is a
technical leadership position at the organization, one which has
primary responsibility for the conceptualization, design and
development, validation and support of new and existing products at
the company. Given that our products include hardware, software,
firmware and integration components, it requires broad knowledge of
these areas and how they relate to each other. It also requires
strong project management skills with the ability to keep multiple
projects on their timelines and on budgets in a fast-paced and
demanding environment. The candidate must have a strong process
approach and an eye toward continuous improvement with strong
organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead a combine technical team of engineers from various
technical disciplines as well as a team of developers and project
- Hire, retain, and develop team members in the various
disciplines necessary to support technical team goals and
- Lead the New Product Development initiatives at the
organization from concept to obsolescence across all stages of the
process, keeping them on time and on budget.
- Facilitate to ongoing improvement of the processes and work
instructions associated with the NPD Lifecycle.
- Contribute to and lead Product Realization activities from
conceptualization to release.
- Ensure cooperation, collaboration, communication and alignment
of both the hardware and software teams and their tasks to have a
robust and reliable development process with strong
- Supervise the R&D teams through defining project scopes,
tasks and priorities related to the engineering procedures and
- Work closely with marketing, product management, sales and
service to help understand and validate use cases and translate
into product specifications.
- Assign, prioritize, check work, review performance, enforce
company policy, train, develop and support direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and processes. Complete
all projects within departmental operative procedures, company
policies and professional standards.
- Develop short- and long-range plans that assist in meeting
R&D goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the transfer to production from R&D working with
all cross functional groups such as Quality, Manufacturing
Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Production.
- Ensure development, review and approval of training
documentation, SOPs and validation documentation in compliance with
the corporate quality system.
- Design, develop and modify processes to meet customer and
company standards and in support of second- and third-party
- Maintain schedule and quality performance, while preserving
design integrity on new or existing product designs.
- Stay current on regulatory and industry standards to support
- Support quality, production and service throughout the
lifecycle of the product.
- Assist and/or coordinate prototype development of new
- Report project status on a regular basis to the corporate and
- Track group results and recommend changes.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering cost analysis for
customer inquiry and company product.
- Interview, evaluate, and recommend individuals for the
engineering support department.
- Develop product manuals and engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Investigate new technologies in the industry and consult with
suppliers to obtain latest technology information.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide
support to team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional
publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and
participating in professional societies Qualifications Education:
- BS in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or
- Advanced degree(s) in Technical Discipline Knowledge:
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers to
define and manage multiple critical project paths. Ability to
understand, translate critical technical concepts and communicate
them across teams and stakeholders to achieve understanding and
alignment. Work Experience:
- Minimum 20 years of experience in product development and
release, management of technical teams and projects.
- Diverse technical knowledge including mechanical, electrical,
software and computer systems with expertise in developing the
architecture of such systems and integrating these
- At least 10 years' experience in a leadership position
associated with the commercialization of technical products.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing engineers and
- Experience defining, implementing and improving NPD processes
- Experience in project planning and familiarity with agile and
waterfall software development process models.
- Experience being involved with IP portfolio enhancement and
- Experience developing and supporting products for highly
regulated industries. Skills & Competences:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive the team's performance and
communicate project needs to all stakeholders.
- Track record of new product development from concept to
commercialization and long-term engineering support, working with
both in-house and contract teams.
- Experience with leverage technologies and tools for NPD
- Familiarity with bioprocessing technologies. Options Apply for
this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Repligen Corporation, Trenton , Sr. Director of Research & Development, Executive , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!