VP, Strategy & Business Development
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Title: VP, Strategy & Business Development Position Type:
Full Time Job Location: Toronto, ON or Trenton, NJ Reports to: GM -
TerraCycle Diagnostics TerraCycle Overview TerraCycle's mission is
to Eliminate the Idea of Waste--. Headquartered in Trenton, N.J.
and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and
Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business.
It partners with many of the world's largest consumer product
companies and retailers to create collection and recycling
solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste
streams from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics
and cigarette butts. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards
globally and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most
recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Fortune,
New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others. In 2019, TerraCycle
launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global reuse system that
enables manufacturers, retailers and consumers to transition to
reusable, durable packaging and away from single-use disposability.
Loop is available in the U.S, France, UK and Canada with plans to
expand into Japan and Australia later in 2021. With innovation at
our core, TerraCycle Diagnostics (TCDx) is an emerging unit that
has been assembled to elevate the idea of waste. Playing at the
intersection of BioTech and Waste Management, TCDx works with
brands to extract insights from waste streams and turn it into a
rich data source with commercial value. From dirty diapers that can
uncover wellness insights, to air filters that can alert us of
potential hazards in-home, TCDx offers a range of innovative
solutions that can help brands bring value in new ways. Primary Job
- Founding leadership team member of the newly formed TerraCycle
Diagnostics business unit.
- Lead strategic planning for the unit bringing clarity to short
and long-term business priorities and resourcing needs.
- Lead concept and proposition development across prioritized
waste streams, partnering with internal/external stakeholders to
test and bring new concepts to life by way of MVPs.
- Build new value propositions and business models that can lead
to incremental and sustainable growth.
- Key relationship builder charged with identifying and creating
revenue generating opportunities.
- Develop custom pitches and presentations across all phases of
the sales and development cycle, soliciting input from a
cross-functional team as needed.
- Direct management and development of the Strategy & Ops
- Firm understanding of plastics/polymers and the finished
product applications that they can go into.
- Firm understanding of plastic recycling equipment, emerging
technologies, and vendors in the industry.
- Firm understanding of supply chain & logistics.
- Minimum 3-5 years of vendor management experience, preferably
in the plastic, waste management, or recycling sector.
- Project management experience (and/or certifications) is a
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong e-mail and file
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on sales results
- 20 Paid Vacation Days
- 8 Paid Holidays Job description is not all inclusive.
TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any
time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Trenton , VP, Strategy & Business Development, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!