Safety Manager (Remote)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
NuBrakes is building the connected vehicle service platform to
empower fleet operators and consumers to seamlessly maintain and
manage their vehicle(s).
NuBrakes deploys a proprietary predictive maintenance platform to
empower fleet operators, such as companies in delivery, plumbing,
utilities, landscaping and other field service industries, to
maximize uptime and enable greater operational efficiencies. The
platform connects with on-board telematics systems to deliver
proactive and scheduled service while allowing fleet operators to
automate their vehicle maintenance, and organize all scheduling,
inspection history, communications and payments in one
Founded in 2019, NuBrakes is based in Austin and offers service in
9 markets across Texas, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. All
NuBrakes technicians are full-time employees of the company,
equipped with mobile service vans to deliver a professional,
complete customer experience. NuBrakes is backed by Canvas
Ventures, Bling Capital, executives from Yelp, DoorDash, Uber, and
About The Role
NuBrakes is looking for an experienced safety leader to build and
execute strategies and programs that drive world class safety
standards and performance across all functions. The role is best
suited for someone who can think strategically at the highest level
while simultaneously managing and executing day-to-day actions
necessary to achieve our ambitious goals. You will be responsible
for building a robust safety program from the ground up, creating
programs that enable rapid scaling with minimal risk to our
employees and all other stakeholders. This role reports directly to
the Head of Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to shaping the company's safety strategy and then
translate it into actionable programs and initiatives, and oversee
the results-driven execution toward them.
- Source, close, and lead safety resources and programs and
galvanize teams across the company to reach program goals.
- Serve as a key strategic partner to the Head of Operations
- Build and develop safety KPI's
- Own all reporting responsibility for outside agencies related
to safety (OSHA, etc)
- Train and lead front line leadership in developing a culture
that believes in safety first, safety always for all
We're Excited About You Because---
- You're a self-starter -- You have a bias towards action and
excel in a fast-paced and evolving business.
- You're a problem solver -- You have a talent for managing
complex projects and prioritizing in a rapidly changing
- You're an elastic thinker -- You can operate at both the 10,000
foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You're gritty -- You roll up your sleeves and do what it takes
to make things successful.
- You have sound business judgement -- You understand what drives
values for the business, partners, and customers.
- You're a relationship builder -- You can influence and motivate
people within and outside of the company.
- You're a humble leader -- You can grow and manage a team of
strong performers, helping to champion the development of NuBrakes'
- You have 10+ years of experience in managing and building
- You have experience leading a team, growing a business, hitting
goals, and succeeding in a cross-functional environment.
- You have sourced and implemented new tools and programs to
deliver improved safety results over a sustained period of
- Health insurance (NuBrakes offers FREE MEDICAL insurance for
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
- Equity at an early-stage, rapidly growing startup
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Remote work environment with opportunities for in-person
collaboration and travel to our HQ in Austin, TX.
- A diverse, excited and inclusive company culture built on
collaboration and recognition
Keywords: Appvia, Trenton , Safety Manager (Remote), Executive , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!