Data Science & Intelligent Automation Sr. Manager, Medical Devices.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiaries have built the most
comprehensive base of health care businesses in the world,
generating more than 70 per cent of company revenues from No. 1 or
No. 2 global leadership positions in their respective markets.
Johnson & Johnson's consistent performance has enabled the company
to deliver an exceptional track record of growth that few, if any,
companies can claim: 28 consecutive years of adjusted earnings
increases and 50 consecutive years of dividend increases.
The company's worldwide sales for 2020 were $82.6 billion. For the
18th year, Johnson & Johnson was named one of FORTUNE Magazine's
Most Admired Companies for 2020. Gartner, Inc., the world's largest
research and advisory company ranked Johnson & Johnson #3 on its
annual 2020 Supply Chain Top 25 list which spotlights exemplary
global supply chains.
J&J operates in three global sectors: Consumer Products ($14
billion), Medical Devices ($23 billion), and Pharmaceuticals ($45.6
The MD organization encompasses three Franchises (Ethicon, CSS,
DPS), spanning four geographic regions (EMEA, LATAM, ASPAC and
North America). The Hospital Medical Devices Supply Chain supports
$23 billion USD in Sales, Global Net Inventory of $4 billion, and
> 180,000 SKUs (2020 actuals)
This position is accountable to shape and drive the overall Data
Science and Intelligent Automation strategy across MD Regional
supply chains and global planning functions. He/she will help shape
and deploy the overarching MD Regional SC & Plan vision, mission
and comprehensive strategy and translate into a Data Science and
Intelligent Automation plan in close collaboration with the
respective stakeholders. This will result in a clear and aligned
plan to transform the business, including clear prioritized actions
and projects. He/she will identify end-to-end solutions that solve
unmet needs and generate value through a fully integrated digital
ecosystem. In addition, this person will lead a team to manage
projects in the Intelligent Automation and process mining area in
close collaboration with the Business Process Re-engineering
The person in this role will demonstrate strong experience in
supply chain, digital capabilities, end to end thinking and ensure
proper linkages to partner functions and interdependent
This position will report to the MD Director Strategy and
Duties & Responsibilities
The Digital Strategy & Transformation Sr. Manager is responsible
- Shape and drive the MD global plan Data Science and Intelligent
Automation roadmap to accelerate business outcomes and growth, with
strong collaboration with the regional and functional leadership
- Help developing the MD Plan & Regional vision & strategy and
integrated system & digital capability roadmap and translate into
the Data Science and IA roadmap.
- Leading a team to implement prioritized Intelligent Automation
and process mining initiatives.
- Ensure strategy is understood, accepted, adopted, and activated
- Advance organizational Digital capabilities.
- Contribute to the multi-year roadmap - investment strategic
plan, including critical end-to-end digital capabilities to
transform our business.
- Keeping abreast with emerging digital concepts - linkage with
Enterprise Digital team.
- Establish strong alignment and linkages to partner functions
such as J&J Technology (JJT), D&DS, Commercial, Enterprise
Supply Chain, & Regional Value Chains.
- Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research,
Operations or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred.
- FPX PL or PMP Certification required, FPX SME preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Other certifications in areas of expertise desirable
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience working in Supply Chain /
Operations to drive business process improvement and Digital
- Demonstrated outstanding digital transformation skills,
strategic and hands-on.
- Excellent digital acumen and detailed understanding.
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions and
interdependencies with other functions / initiatives, including end
- Experience in the Medical Device industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working Globally, strong team
leadership skills for multi-
- regional teams.
- Strong people management and development skills.5 + years of
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leadership roles within
Operations/Supply Chain/ Digital (or supporting function such as
- Experience working with virtual teams and matrix
- Global experience (with multiple countries, regions) and
associated cultural awareness required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES And
- Digital acumen and detailed understanding of Data Management,
visualization, advanced analytics, intelligent automation and
emerging technologies is required.
- Strong background / experience in Supply Chain Planning
processes is required.
- Strong influencing role in completing the Plan Transformation
journey across all MD franchises and regions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent
communication and presentation skills. Strength in interdependent
partnering and team management.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a matrix
environment where priorities change rapidly, and tight deadlines
- Clear understanding of external Supply Chain and Digital trends
and emerging best practices.
- Understanding of Digital transformation and supporting
technologies in other industries.
- Ability for strong partnering and understanding of Planning
support needs of the Enterprise and business segments.
- Ability to embed a culture of digital transformation and value
creation across the MD franchises
Preferred locations: Bridgewater, New Jersey; Switzerland;
Travel Requirements: 20-30 % international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, North America-United
European Logistics Center (8785)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Trenton , Data Science & Intelligent Automation Sr. Manager, Medical Devices., Executive , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!