Senior Data Architecture Manager
Posted on: January 16, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the worlds leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. Were a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What youll be doing... You will lead team of architects
to align on enterprise data architecture, technical design,
artifacts, implementation and feature development of data assets &
products with the data standards and enterprise data management
model of DG&A. You will drive innovation, profitability,
revenue, and business growth opportunities by applying advanced
database modeling skills with Real-time/data warehouse, Google
cloud data architecture strategy and design principles to support
Single Source of Truth, Enterprise metrics, analytics, AI/ML, and
self-service business intelligence across the enterprise.You will
lead projects with a strong focus on business knowledge coupled
with a deep understanding of data organization, database design,
data governance strategy, ER data modeling, metadata, data lineage,
data classification and taxonomy, table design, data security,
semantic layer view design, data catalog, data linkage designs
supporting a unified data model to be used across the organization
for Analytics, Operational reporting, Executive dashboards,
scorecards, Regulatory reporting, AI/ML, and data insights. You
will support Data Architecture warehouse projects that at the core
drive data insights and analytics, marketing effectiveness, channel
optimization, improved customer experience, customer acquisition,
and metrics used to measure compliance and improve operational
efficiency. You will work on a cross-functional team of talented UI
developers, business clients, software designers, and data
engineers, platform engineers to play a key role in requirements,
design, and in developing and delivering the next generation
enterprise data warehouse solutions required by the business for
insights on new product offerings and services, tactical data
warehouse and big data integration, and self-service metrics and
business intelligence reporting.Youll gather detailed business
requirements from clients, work with enterprise architects and work
jointly on data designs to support applications/metrics, design
data interfaces and stores as required, lead data architecture and
data product deliverables, and oversee development and QA
activities supporting data governance, Operational reporting,
insights, and analytics.
- Gaining a deep understanding of business domain data and how it
is used for metrics, analytics, and AI/ML data designs for
- Leading efforts developing metric designs and data architecture
blueprints and strategy for developers, and end-user teams.
- Ensuring the integrity of data designs and governance for data
- Initiating data design and reviews of high-level design
requirements for EDM.
- Providing data architecture strategy blueprint and knowledge
for Data Catalog and Data Governance playbooks.
- Building strong working relationships and develop deep
partnerships with the business.
- Leading large portfolio with Operational reporting projects and
deliver innovative technical solutions to solve problems and
improve productivity and business outcomes.
- Serving in a SME role and leading the design and development of
the Unified Data Model enhancements to ensure optimal self-service
- Working collaboratively with clients, developers, and QA
analytics to design and implement solutions in production.
- Being a subject matter expert on the enterprise data model and
a mentor to junior team members.
- Leading and driving an analytics data architecture culture
through technical innovation by actively researching and
benchmarking new tools, industry best practices, new theories,
techniques, and technologies.What were looking for... You are a
master at organizing and understanding data and effective data
management and data architecture in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
with BigQuery. You have a highly professional work ethic, and can
offer value-add suggestions for data organization and solutions,
and understand complex business processes. You thrive in a
data-centric environment with extensive data stores across
enterprise domains. Youre a creative thinker who likes to explore
and uncover issues, suggest and validate improved solutions. You
are decisive and results-oriented. You are great at influencing up,
down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring
others. Communicating what youve uncovered in a way that can be
easily understood by others is one of your strengths supported by a
solid technical background as a data architect and senior business
analyst.Youll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Data architecture and data strategy work experience with
several years of Google Cloud Platform specific experience.
- Experience using and data architecture/design with Google Cloud
- Data design/migration to Google Cloud Platform hands on
- Subject matter expertise with Google Cloud Services: Streaming
and Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Data Proc, DFunc, Big
Query, and Big Table.
- Experience with DataProc & DataFlow with Java on Google Cloud
- Experience with serverless data warehousing concepts on Google
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data
- Experience with the Technology stack available in the industry
for data cataloging, data ingestion, capture, processing and
curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Collibra, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark,
Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL.Even better if you have one or more
of the following:
- A Masters (or PHD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science
or another quantitative field.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certification (or comparable
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Python
or (C or Java).
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, artificial neural
networks, etc. and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python,
SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and
proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience running and deploying models in a variety of
environments including Kubernetes.
- Written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across
- Experience in data management and data mining techniques.
- Experience with data platforms & tools: Teradata, Informatica,
Oracle, BigQuery, Snowflake, Stibo, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce,
Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using:
Tableau, Qlik, neo4j, D3.Equal Employment Opportunity Were proud to
be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more. COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical or religious reasons).
Internal ID: 577489PandoLogic. Keywords: Data Architecture Manager,
Location: Piscataway, NJ - 08854
Keywords: Verizon, Trenton , Senior Data Architecture Manager, Executive , Piscataway, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!