Associate Director, Marketing Indication Launch
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About OtsukaWe defy limitation, so that others can too. In going
above and beyond-under any circumstances-for patients, families,
providers, and for each other. It's this deep-rooted dedication
that drives us to uncover answers to complex, underserved medical
needs, so that patients can push past the limitations of their
disease and achieve more than they thought was possible each and
every day.About the Role If you have a passion for marketing and
for leveraging innovation to help patients, caregivers, HCPs and
other critical players in the neuropsychiatric disorder category...
then--- Read on!----This role has been designed for an Associate
Director of Marketing to be responsible for supporting the
Professional/HCP marketing efforts related to a collaborative
partnership that presents the opportunity to launch a breakthrough
therapy for the treatment of schizophrenia (entering Phase III
clinical studies) and potentially, 3 other clinical-stage assets.
The compounds represent a scientifically unique approach to
treating symptoms that are not adequately addressed by current
therapeutic options and/or for which existing treatments have an
unsatisfactory safety and tolerability profile. --We are looking
for a passionate marketer to bring their skills to one of the most
complex and difficult to treat categories.Job
- Lead the Otsuka HCP Team and work collaboratively with our
alliance partners to develop overall HCP strategic direction and
tactical execution through personal promotion and professional
medical education (PME) channels.
- Collaborate, align, and coordinate with sales leadership/field
sales, multi-channel marketing, consumer marketing,
cross-functional partners, medical, promotional compliance, legal,
and external agencies to develop strategy, deliver key tactics on
time and within budget, and develop and deliver a clear
communication and implementation plan for all tactics.
- Manage a significant budget, determine appropriate tactical
mix, and successfully pull through tactics in partnership with
- Partner with both Otsuka and global market to ensure the
successful transition of life-cycle management activities into the
- Individual should have a proven track record that demonstrates
the breadth and depth across marketing competencies and achievement
of performance objectives.
- Strong leadership skills are necessary to lead/contribute to
overall sales execution of key deliverables.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams; e.g., Sales,
Training & Development, Business Analytics, and
Legal/Medical/Promotional Compliance Review Committees (PRC), is
- Work with clinical teams to ensure optimal labeling and
translation of clinical data into commercial messaging
- Partner with medical teams to align on an asset-level plan
driving an aligned launch approach for both commercial and
- Build a plan to ensure optimal access and affordability within
aligned financial framework by effectively partnering with patient
support and market access teams
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and manage ambiguity
and lead through dynamic competing internal and external
- Developing US HCP strategies aligned with brand strategic
imperatives, and executing corresponding tactics that are
impactful, compliant, and within budget
- Managing HCP creative Agency of Record (AoR) for strategic
planning, tactical content development and deployment from
conception to execution and evaluation
- Working closely with legal, medical, & regulatory partners to
ensure all field-delivered promotional resources are reviewed and
approved by the Promotional Review Committee (PRC), resulting in
compliant and impactful deliverables
- Consistently monitoring project budgets, expenses, and
timelines; demonstrating strategic focus and critical thinking
ensuring optimal use of limited resources
- Working with Business Analytics partners (both primary and
secondary research) to ensure pull-through of customer insights and
market research findings to HCP strategy, messaging, and
- Working closely with sales training and development on all
salesforce related training materials for new marketing resources
and for training content at POA meetings
- Collaborating with sales and sales leadership in identifying
needed selling resources, customer concerns, and competitive
- Developing resources in conjunction with sales and ensuring a
consistent feedback loop to gain opportunities for enhancements and
to monitor effectiveness
- Managing, directing, and mentoring two direct reports who will
assist in all tactical level responsibilities associated with HCP
promotion Leading in the development of annual brand strategic and
tactical plans, and accountable for providing project updates to
senior leadership committeesQualifications/ RequiredKnowledge/
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in media campaigns
serving Consumers and/or HCPs
- Significant experience working with creative and media agencies
- Field Sales material & tactical development experience
- Customer Journey Mapping experience required.
- Experience working within a matrixed environment.
- Deep understanding and technical platform knowledge to execute
a seamless customer experienceEducation/Experience
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree required.
- MBA would be an asset.
- Five or more years of pharmaceutical marketing experience in
marketing with product launch experience and/or specialty care
and/or the CNS marketplace.
- Brand and/or Indication Launch experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legal, regulatory, and medical
- Strong matrix team-building skills, a team-oriented approach,
and supportive management style are required.
- Solid written and oral communication skills as well as good
presentation skills required.
- Ability to develop consistent, well-supported, competitive
- Proven leadership, strategic, and analytical abilities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- JV/partnership experience
- Capacity to influence decision making and work done by others
over whom you have no formal authority
- Previous experience managing direct reports----Personal
- Highly adaptable/Flexible (ability to multi-task)
- Cultural and Team Fit
- Ability to navigate within an ambiguous environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly Motivated
- Strategic Thinker
- Results Driven with high sense of urgency
- Organized/Detail Oriented
- Team player
- Self-awareness, low-egoUp to 30% travel is required*, based
upon business needs.Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit
offerings;--.Disclaimer:----This job description is intended to
describe the general nature and level of the work being performed
by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to
include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position.
Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to
meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged
to apply and will receive consideration for employment without
regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any
protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud ScamsJob
postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business
relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be
unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only
directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website
https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External . Any
authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any
inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
Keywords: Otsuka, Trenton , Associate Director, Marketing Indication Launch, Executive , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!