Company: EMET Realty
Posted on: June 24, 2022
HUD and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Property Manager.Seeking
an experienced, qualified property manager for an established
115-unit affordable Single Room Occupancy (SRO) building located in
Trenton, New Jersey. These buildings provide housing for low-income
single adults who are formerly homeless.The Property Manager has
full on-site day-to-day responsibility for all property (community)
management activities/functions and ensures that a property or
properties under his/her control are always maintained in good
physical condition and with a stable fiscal operation, providing
residents clean and well-maintained communities. The Property
Manager must be a hands on supervisor and comfortable working with
the tenants on a daily basis and completing tenant paperwork.The
position requires the management of overall physical and daily
operations of the facilities in compliance with current applicable
federal, state and local requirements and in accordance with
facility policies. Must have experience and be comprehensive for
Low Income Housing Tax Credit Handbook navigation in management of
the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Programs, HUD subsidized
Section 8 housing programs and Fair Housing Standards.The Property
Manager should have some knowledge of community resources,
professional appearance and the ability to resolve conflicts in a
professional manner; good communication skills; ability to relate
well to adults; self-motivated; excellent organizational skills
with attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and legible
financial records; self-starter; good in multi-tasking, strong
computer and math skills, which include HUD and Tax Credit software
programs.QualificationsThe individual must possess the following
- Minimum of three years of housing management experience to
include Tax Credit (LITHTC) and HUD Section 8 Standards.
- Certification as Assisted Housing Manager, Low Income Housing
Tax Credit Specialist, Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and/or
other comparable affordable housing credentials provided by or
approved by HUD; and the ability to obtain any certifications
needed within one year required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; two or more years
of college preferred.
- Administers program specific guidelines with full comprehension
of Tax Credit Handbook.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Income Verification (EIV), Fair Housing
rules and regulations and Civil Rights monitoring.
- Experience in supervision of staff, to include administrative,
facilities and support services.
- Competency with HUD software and website resources such as
OneSite, TRACS, HUDClips, Yardi, Real Page, Microsoft Basic Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to be on-call outside of normal business hours, as
needed, to act as emergency response coordinator.
- Essential functions that include fingering, grasping, lifting,
pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, and walking.
- Sensory and communicative activities essential to the
performance of this position including but not limited to feeling,
hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting and speaking.
- Ability to read and write in English and work well under
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license, driving record and vehicle
(in most cases, exceptions may apply)
Keywords: EMET Realty, Trenton , Property Manager, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!