Senior Programme Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of
high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for
schools, school districts, and students in grades K-12. It serves
families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online
school solutions includingConnections Academy,International
Connections Academy, andPearson Connexus. In 2017, Connections
Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000
students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to
over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S.
and 48 countries will receive online learning from Connections
Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore,
Maryland and was named a "Top Workplace" by the Baltimore Sun for
the third consecutive year and a 2013 "Best Place to Work" by
Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding
curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to
expanding quality education through technology, and helping
students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections
Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
We are a key component of the business of Connections Education. By
providing a sophisticated platform and innovative web applications
that support the educational activities of thousands of students,
educators, parents, and administrators, we are changing how the
Here are just a few of the ways that our products are used:
* Educators create and deliver curriculum and monitor and respond
to student progress.
* Students learn, collaborate, and receive individual attention and
* Parents monitor and participate in their children's learning
* Administrators support the needs of educators, students, and
We need people that support Connections Education's core values of
being brave, imaginative, and decent. Always keeping these values
in mind is a big responsibility but ultimately a meaningful and
important mission. If you're interested in joining this endeavor,
We are seeking a well-organized and successful Senior Scrummaster
to be a key member of the team to assist in the planning and
facilitate the execution of the software/web applications we
produce. We will be looking for someone who will be responsible for
working with and facilitating multiple Agile teams and provide
coaching and mentorship to their Agile Facilitation peers. Due to
the nature of this position, the applicant will need the ability to
work from home or during off hours as necessary.
* Coach the team on Agile methodologies, processes, and best
practices as it is implemented and used during the software
development life cycle. This includes working in a hands-on manner
with the teams, as well as in a consultative fashion.
* Work to coordinate multiple concurrent software development
efforts throughout their full lifecycle, which may include several
* Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings,
product reviews, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and release
* Track and communicate team velocity and progress to both the
customer and the team.
* Ensure lean Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, be a
voice of reason, and make the tough calls in demanding
* Assist teams with making appropriate commitments through user
story selection and task definition.
* Identify and address dependencies by collaborating and partnering
within and beyond one's team for resolution.
* Promote collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional
software development teams.
* Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets
that are associated with the agile methodology.
* Identify and analyze risks and implement mitigation strategies
with the team and stakeholders.
* Facilitate discussion, proactively resolve conflicts, and, if
needed, escalate appropriately.
* Identify and remove impediments that interfere with the team's
goals or direct them to the appropriate owners for quick
* Support ScrumMaster peers by helping them remove impediments for
* Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and
outside of the team to improve transparency, and radiate
* Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to
teams and Software Development Leadership for improvements.
* Provide perspective to the team and keep them focused on critical
deliverables and tasks.
* Enact change and continuous improvement to increase the
productivity of the team and quality of deliverables.
* Ensure the teams deliver tested, working functionality in each
* Ensure Agile tracking systems are updated to provide transparency
on the Product and Sprint Backlogs.
* Ensure the implementation of resolutions identified in
retrospective meetings. Motivate and model open communication to
help surface issues for faster resolution.
* Create an environment of team spirit and enthusiasm around what
is being delivered.
* Empower the team to self-organize and continuously improve to
* Follow development process and Agile best practices, and drive
their continuous improvement.
* Identify and champion process or other departmental improvements
coordinating with ScrumMaster peers and/or other department members
* Partner with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of
the application of Agile Methods in Software Development and
implement best practices.
* Assist with the onboarding of new ScrumMasters and enhance Agile
Facilitation Department best practices by creating valuable
documentation, conducting workshops, and partnering to maintain a
knowledge base of Agile Facilitation practices.
* Mentor ScrumMaster peers coaching them on different Agile
techniques to be used for continuous team improvement.
* Coach additional software development Scrum teams when needed to
help improve the team's overall effectiveness.
* Assist with educating external departments on Agile principles,
techniques, and the value of the methodology.
* Partner with Agile Facilitation Leadership to guide Software
Development towards Agile maturity in accordance with the Agile
Facilitation Department goals.
* Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing
related tasks as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or 3 to 5 years job-related experience in
software development utilizing an Agile framework.
* 3+ plus years of experience as a Scrum Master with a real world
understanding of Agile and its application, supporting tools, and
* Holds a current Agile certification, PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum
Practitioner (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or equivalent.
* Maintains active membership in Agile organizations to enhance
skills and learn new techniques.
* Experience with Agile techniques including, but not limited to,
User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous
Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
* Experience with Agile project management tools.
* A strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced technology
* Experience in creating Agile training and workshop material.
* Able to effectively manage conflict leveraging different
techniques for resolution.
* Understand all elements of the software development life cycle,
including planning, development, requirements management,
Configuration Management, quality assurance, and release
* Strong servant leadership abilities with effective relationship
and team building skills.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in
writing) and interface with leadership and external departments to
manage expectations and deadlines.
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Must be organized, confident, analytical, self-motivated, and
self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and
propose solutions to achieve desired results with minimal
* Proven experience coaching and mentoring teams and individuals to
help them adopt Agile practices with continuous improvement.
* Must have excellent situational awareness, the ability to remain
calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived.
* Prior experience with Agile transformations is a big plus!
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based
individuals expressing interest in this position is
$70,000-$90,000. This position is eligible to participate in an
annual incentive program. Benefits available to eligible employees
can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More
than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in
nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to
help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that
by providing high quality, digital content and learning
experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help
people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We
are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we
do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense
of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced,
opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the
norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full
potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity,
and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work.
People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable
environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive
workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and
a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The
more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment
is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
group protected by law.
Job: PROJECT/PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 5589
Keywords: Pearson, Trenton , Senior Programme Manager, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!