Temporary Medical Office Manager
Company: Henry J Austin
Posted on: September 23, 2022
MAJOR FUNCTIONThe Medical Office Manager role will ensure good
business practices for the organization while the clinical teams
focus on providing health care. They will fully be engaged in the
unique environment and clientele of a healthcare setting, as well
as interacting with senior staff and patient-facing staff and
complying with governmental regulation. The Medical Office Manager
is responsible for the non-clinical aspects of the day to day
operations in the medical office environment while working with
HJAHC staff, outside healthcare facilities, hospitals, community
partners and stakeholders. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Oversee daily workflows and operations at assigned practice
- Plan and coordinate patient schedules
- Keep budget in check
- Order medical and office supplies
- Participate in QI/PI initiatives
- Manage and lead office staff
- Oversee and manage processes and procedures for patient care,
internal and external compliance, and all levels of reporting
- Ensure positive collaboration between HJAHC team members
- Arrange informational materials for patients in collaboration
- Support and oversee inventory management at assigned practice
- Ensure adherence to healthcare laws, rules and regulations
- Answers phones, makes copies, schedules appointments and
- Provide support to staff in using the electronic health record
in accordance with practice standards
- Coordinates with Patient Access and Clinical leadership to
oversee compliance with management of PHI
- Maintain a line of communication between the patient and
clinical staff, and communicates with clinical staff to ensure all
appropriate patient information is gathered.
- Assist senior staff in the development of policies and
procedures that support HJAHC goals and objectivesADDITIONAL
- Attend job related training as mandated.
- Meets dress code standards; appearance in neat and clean.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as
- Attends a minimum of 10 staff meetings annually; reads monthly
staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, visions and goals of the facility, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as
apparent and/or as assigned by Supervisor RequirementsEDUCATION &
- High school degree required; Associates or Bachelor's degree in
Business Administration or Health Care Administration
- Preferred minimum of 2 (two) years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in a medical office setting.LICENSURE
- Must hold current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Complete Care Coordination and Transitional Management
Course.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER (KSAOs)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.PHYSICAL & WORK
REQUIREMENTSThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.This position requires the manual dexterity
sufficient to operate phones, computers and other office equipment.
The position requires the physical ability to kneel, bend, and
perform light lifting. This person must have the ability to write
and speak clearly using the English language to convey information
and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and
over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
focus. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no
exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous
Keywords: Henry J Austin, Trenton , Temporary Medical Office Manager, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!