Community Association Manager
Company: FirstService Residential
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Are you the missing piece? As North America's leading property
management company, we know the value of fitting in with a local
team, of being part of a well-oiled machine, but empowered to act
when needed. We are looking for energetic, adaptable people who
understand that they are part of something larger and want a
long-lasting career creating human connections. Our associates are
the reason for our success, so we recruit quality people who will
always do what's right and build great relationships with the
residents of the communities we serve. At FirstService Residential,
we live our values every day. If you are passionate about helping
people live better lives and are looking for an environment with
room for career growth, you're in the right place!
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership and
exceptional customer service to an assigned property(s). Ensure
property(s) is maintained and operated in accordance with company
objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities
and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within
the limits of established policies.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities*
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by
positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to
every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions
will be assigned every duty.
* --- Regular attendance and punctuality
* --- Provide management and leadership to assigned
* --- Collaborate with Regional Director to develop goals and
communicate established goals.
* --- Ensure the goals and needs of the property, company and its
customers are consistently met.
* --- Manage the functions of a team within a property while
maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and
* --- Manage the process improvement and quality control of the
property and ensure quality resident service is delivered.
* --- Assign and review the work of staff, ensure deadlines are met
in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as
* --- Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet
* --- Provide leadership and direction and assist in the
investigation and resolution of issues that arise.
* --- Partner with Supervisor, Board of Directors and internal
departments to develop and lead the introduction and integration of
new programs, services and initiatives.
* --- Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that
Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and
resolution to questions/problems.
* --- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with
homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a
high level of resident service and achievement of company and
property goals and objectives.
* --- Maintain knowledge and understanding of contract between the
association, vendors, and FirstService Residential.
* --- Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
* --- Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit
renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals
professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming
insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
* --- Initiate contact with new resident representatives to
coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an introduction and
orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available
services, and explain the communities' rules and regulations.
* --- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and
provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the
property. Process and manage violations and close them out
* --- Process architectural control applications and close them out
in a timely manner.
* --- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property
maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on
time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide
timely action updates to the Board and residents.
* --- Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in
Connect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting
minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all company Connect
compliance expectations throughout the year.
* --- Interview, select, and recommend, hire, train and schedule
assigned staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing levels. Provide
direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution
of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers,
terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance
Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership,
counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious
* --- Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all
associates are aware of and comply with company, government and
customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and
deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as
* --- Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's
efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety
meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety
procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane
* --- Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company
* --- Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or
attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and
conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
* --- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions.
Review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices
in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy.
* --- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of
responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs
and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are
maintained within budget.
* --- Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the
Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
* --- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or
regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of
staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
* --- Update Association communications and ensure current
information is displayed on the association boards and website.
Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with
owners and residents as required.
* --- Participate in the development of Standard Operating
Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and
ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the
communication and compliance of SOP's within teams, managers and
internal and external customers.
* --- Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports,
contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals as required.
Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to
the Association and maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs
and emergency shut off procedures book.
*Additional Duties & Responsibilities*
* --- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global
* --- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of
personal, professional and ethical conduct.
* --- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain
workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual
equipment or operating problems and the need for additional
material and supplies.
* --- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve
problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to
new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory
* --- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing
* --- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as
instructed by Management.
* --- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other
related duties as assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervise employees within the assigned
*Education & Experience*
* --- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an
accredited college or university
* --- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in Property Operations,
Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education
* --- Must have any state specific certifications and licenses or
they are preferable of not required by the state.
* --- Valid Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle
*Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
* --- Knowledge and ability to apply state Statutes and Community's
* --- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds
for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
* --- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management
and interpersonal skills.
* --- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and
decision making ability.
* --- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular
field of specialization to the completion of difficult
* --- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication
skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee
* --- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures,
leases and/or regulations.
* --- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office,
including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with
financial and accounting programs preferred.
* --- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential
* --- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or
projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under
* --- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as
independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify,
plan and prioritize business opportunities.
* --- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and
* --- Possession of or willingness to obtain CMCA/AMS certification
(unless required by state)
* --- General understanding of proposal/bid process
*Tools & Equipment Used*
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software
applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
*Physical Requirements / Working Environment*
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* --- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling,
pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can
weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if
* --- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of
* --- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person
with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the
* --- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
* --- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order
to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the
property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
* --- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
* --- Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings,
weekends and holidays as necessary.
* --- This position may alternate between working indoors in a
controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting
with variable climate and lighting.
* --- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be
mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning
* --- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time
with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to
remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully
under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain
alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and
* --- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an
environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations
resulting from the proper performance of duties
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions
at an onsite community. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur,
including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is
subject to change based on business needs.
Occasional travel to various sites and/or Regional offices
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign
schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Princeton, NJ 08540: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* CMCA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Trenton , Community Association Manager, Executive , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!