Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain
Company: BEUMER Group
Posted on: January 25, 2023
BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in
intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletizing,
packaging, sortation, and distribution technology. BEUMER Group
offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge. We
are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and
innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees
create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
As Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain, you play a vital role in
driving key results for the BEUMER Group in North America in the
key result areas of quality, cost, and delivery-helping us to keep
our promises to Customers and profitably grow market share. You
will plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the
sourcing and procurement of material and service inputs needed to
meet both Customers' needs and internal financial objectives. You
will also drive intentional continuous improvement and de-risking
of procurement strategies and capabilities and will develop
high-performing individual contributors and an integrated team that
thinks and acts as BEUMER Group.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Vice
President, Project Execution, for BEUMER Group in North America,
you will take a leadership role in executing effective and
efficient procurement and supply chain services for BEUMER Group in
North America, ensuring values and competencies in maintaining
transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and
regulations. Specifically, you will perform the following
responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and
supply chain activities (including logistics and distribution),
ensuring effective processes to avoid costly delays and lost
- Ensure effective lines of communication between Project
Management and the Procurement teams to guarantee priority
requirements, timely delivery of goods, and services using the most
appropriate procurement procedures
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the
supply chain and identifying new supplier partners without
jeopardizing cost, quality, and delivery objectives.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with relevant
organizational directives and instructions.
- Implement effective internal control, proper design and
functioning of a client-oriented (internal and external)
procurement management system for projects and related reporting
- Ensure effective use of BEUMER Group standards in Procurement,
control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and
amplification of improvements in systems and processes.
- Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including
tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management,
legal (in concert with the organization's legal function)
commercial (in concert with the organization's finance function)
considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance
evaluation and risk assessment.
- Oversee and improve strategic procurement including sourcing
strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management,
customer relationship management and performance measurement.
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and
monitor their implementation by controlling processes including
receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt
of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation, and negotiation of
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier
selection and evaluation, quality, and performance measurement
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies
- Provide oversight over various contract management processes
and ensure transparency.
- Monitor and analyze contract performance against agreed
benchmarks through agreed reporting mechanisms and advise projects
on potential issues and recommend remedial actions.
- Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract,
solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance
or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings
with contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification
and early resolution of potential disputes.
- Ensure timely and accurate purchase orders, amendments, and
requests for contract awards and/or waivers for accumulated
procurement values ensuring that all specifications, terms, and
conditions are clear and correct.
- Organize and deliver trainings for the operations/project teams
on procurement, supply chain, and logistics, and synthesize lessons
learned and best practices
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and
- Control the procurement budget and promoting a culture of
long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Member of the operations staff, responsible to routinely report
on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and
countermeasures where necessary.
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific
procurement methods and to analyze procurement and supply chain
service requirements and trends
- Focuses on impact and results for the Customer
- Leads, manages, and develops teams effectively and shows
conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive,
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external
- Remains calm, in control and good humored, even under
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship
with external partners and clients at the senior level
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
- Bachelor's Degree in procurement, supply chain management,
business administration, or closely related field. MBA or
functionally relevant master's degree desired.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience leading procurement and
supply chain functions in a globally matrixed business
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of
the "family". Because our employees are our most important asset,
here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees.
And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care
about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal
opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under
local, state or federal laws.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: BEUMER Group, Trenton , Manager, Procurement and Supply Chain, Executive , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!