Software Asset Management Analyst
Company: Alpha Consulting
Posted on: March 17, 2023
SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT ANALYSTPRINCETON, NJ -The candidate
must be able to work Onsite 50% of the time, so local candidates
only please. -Required Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology,
Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Asset Management tools and technologies.
- Experience with ServiceNow SAM Pro a must and Flexera
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals /
- Knowledge of product use rights for key publishers such as
Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, SAP, Symantec, IBM, EMC, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving skills,
including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large
amounts of information.
- Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to multitask. -Project Description:
- As a Software Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible
for daily and strategic management of the software portfolio in
order to optimize the value, cost and minimize the risk for
Software and SaaS investments.
- You will track, maintain, and coordinate license and
maintenance agreement renewals with software owners.
- You will develop reports that pull data from various sources
showing license entitlements, installations, usage, renewal,
procurement status, and data gaps and research and develop
standardized SAM processes.
- You will work closely with subject matter experts, including
software owners, system architects, system administrators, project
and program managers, financial managers, and engineers to obtain
critical information required for the management of software.
- You will drive decisions regarding software licensing models
and terms that have a direct impact on the Client's IT
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in
repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory,
contracts, and cost.
- Working with the Software Owners to manage enterprise License
true-up & reconciliations.
- Provide support during software publisher audits.
- Assist with dispute resolution.
- Recommend audit defense initiatives.
- Identify savings opportunities through software re-harvesting
and license optimization.
- Respond to requests from software owners, end users, managers,
developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset
- Stays informed of new and updated software license models and
options for key manufacturer products.
- Actively assesses risk and cost reduction opportunities and
makes recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset
Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
-This 9+ month position starts ASAP. -Please E-MAIL your resume
(attachment to email) with rate and availability to Maureen:
-ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-00522MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
Keywords: Alpha Consulting, Trenton , Software Asset Management Analyst, Executive , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...