Project Manager II Engineering
Company: Bernhard LLC
Posted on: September 21, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:Bernhard's core
mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and
energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable
future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical,
Electrical, Engineering, and Development, each with a distinct
identity and service offerings. The intersection of our
capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey
Energy-as-a-Service ("EaaS") solutions to our clients. At the same
time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and
communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard's
vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through
the delivery of excellent, high-value service and innovative
solutions for our clients.Purpose and Essential DutiesThe Project
Manager II manages and is responsible for the entire life cycle of
an engineering project from inception to closure, which includes
large controls installation projects in addition to traditional
controls design and retro-commissioning engineering-focused
projects. Also ensures that the project is delivered efficiently
and effectively in accordance with the budget, schedule, and while
exceeding the client's expectations.Specific responsibilities
- Manages the full engineering project lifecycle, from initial
project planning phases through the completion of
- Meets with clients, architects, engineers, and other design
personnel to establish project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Coordinates project resources and tracks project progress
against established timelines and schedules.
- Ensures work is completed on time, within budget, and to
- Acts as a liaison between the client and project team members
regarding changes or problems.
- Select, negotiate, and coordinate the work of vendors,
contractors, or sub-contractors.
- Responsible for resource management and delivery scheduling
tasks in support of assigned projects.
- Track project progress against milestones, budgetary
guidelines, or other performance indicators and prepares and
delivers reports to management.
- Participate in business development activities through response
to Request For Qualifications (RFQ), Request For Proposal (RFP),
and participation in project interview presentations.
- Work with the client (internal or external) to define the
project scope, schedule, deliverables, risks and expectations that
are considered to deliver a successful project.
- Develop a proposal to document the project scope, schedule,
deliverables, measures of success and associated fees.
- Develop an internal Work Plan to define revenue, hours budget,
internal cost budget, travel budget, sub-consultant budget and
estimate reimbursable amounts.
- Ensure the revenue and budget estimates are entered into the
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to accurately reflect the
execution of the project.
- Work with Leadership to ensure the project is correctly
resourced per the established budgets and schedule.
- Schedule the project tasks and resources to ensure the schedule
is met within the budget constraints established.
- Establish a project Kick Off meeting and ensure all team
members are communicated with effectively throughout the course of
- Manage team members and sub-consultants to ensure project
objectives are met.
- Continuously track and report project execution against budget
in terms of schedule adherence, deliverables, cost and
- Manage the client expectations and ensure regular updates are
effectively communicated throughout the duration of the
- Ensure the project is closed out when appropriate and all
commercial aspects are completed.
- Participates in relevant organizations for networking and
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's policies, procedures,
- Lead and direct the work of other employees. Supervision is
often provided through one or more subordinate supervisors or
- Has full authority for personnel decisions and contributes to
departmental budgeting, planning, and procedural change.This
position is Full-Time, Exempt, and reports to the Director of
Project Management.Required Education, Experience, and
- Baccalaureate Degree in Engineering, Construction Management,
or related technical field.
- 3-5 years of project management experience managing integrated
project teams in one of the following sectors: Engineering,
Construction, Facilities Management, or Energy.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of technical
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Experience managing projects with annual revenue greater than
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with team and
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research
- Strong project management and scheduling skills.Preferred
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Experience in an engineering design discipline, construction
sector, facilities management, and/or energy sector.
- The Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management
Professional (PMP) certificationTravel Requirements
- Depending on project need and location, estimated to be around
25-50% of regular work schedule.
- Long periods of sitting or standing at a desk in front of a
computer in the office environment. The office environment is
- Ability to walk, climb and crawl on a project construction
- Exposure to inclement weather.Don't meet every single
requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less
likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse,
inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this
role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every
qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply
anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other
roles.Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Disabilities, and participates in the e-Verify program. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status,
disability, or any other classification protected by law.To
staffing/placement agencies: -We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies)
unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and
Bernhard, LLC ("Company") and an authorized Company representative
makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
a candidate is hired.If you are an agency and would like to be
considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your
company's information to - firstname.lastname@example.org .Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Bernhard LLC, Trenton , Project Manager II Engineering, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!