Company: Ste Michelle Wine Estates
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud
to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of
distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in
the world because we value our vineyards and the art of
wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our
consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best
regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a District
Manager (NJ, DE, & PA) to join our team in New Jersey.
The District Manager will represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
portfolio to distributors, retail, on sale trade and consumers. In
addition, be responsible for providing managing, mentoring,
guidance and support for direct reports responsible for the on
premise and independent retail business.
In this role, you will:
* Provide leadership, mentoring and support to direct reports
throughout assigned territory.
* Specific management responsibilities include interviewing and
selection, performance coaching and implementing development plans
with direct reports.
* Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors,
importers and consumers and to direct the execution of the
company's strategic business plans through assigned
* Effectively manage buying relationships with key accounts in
order to achieve case sales and distribution objectives within
budgetary guidelines in order to meet Region profit contribution
* Direct Management of Business Development Managers.
* Prepare forecasts for shipments, depletions and budgeting for all
brands on an as needed basis.
* Evaluate distributor suggested price structure and brand equity
investments as needed to insure the company is receiving fair share
of channel profits.
* Conduct sales meetings and planning meetings for wholesaler's
* Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for
all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs
necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the
upcoming calendar year.
* Participate in consistent individual market distributor meetings
to review SMWE business and provide direction for achievement of
SMWE channel goals
* Be a change agent by constantly inspiring the status quo and be
able to motivate yourself and your team to break down barriers to
success and continually improve business processes.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* 5+yrs Distributor and Supplier experience
* Knowledge of key trade account buying and promotional practices
and operational procedures.
* Strong management and mentorship skills.
* Previous supervisory experience.
* In depth knowledge of wine industry (including Ste. Michelle Wine
Estates portfolio, Italian wines, Spanish and Chilean wines, French
Champagne, New Zealand wines and primary competitors) and estimated
sales trends for wine and spirit categories.
* Working knowledge of wines/spirits from world's major viticulture
* Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* High level of computer proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
* Available for company related travel (approximately 50%)
* Able to occasionally lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
* Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver's
* Be domiciled in or near assigned sales territory.
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate
conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or
certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees
by providing opportunities for training, development and
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills
toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation
package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health
insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive
compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected
class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Trenton , District Manager, Executive , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!