Physician / Pediatrics / New Jersey / Permanent / Physician Assistant
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: June 29, 2020
PA - Physician Assistant - Family Health
Beaches, Action, History, Country-Life, City-Life, all combined
The Community - Delaware River Region - Trenton, NJ
Welcome to New Jersey's Delaware River Region, where strolling main
streets of days gone by and hiking winding trails in secluded
forests make you feel like you're in another time. With more than
150 miles of shoreline along Delaware Bay and the Delaware River,
the Delaware River Region is a boater's delight. Add some culture
with stops at Camden's USS New Jersey, the most decorated
battleship in U.S. Navy history and Princeton's War Memorial. Other
attractions in the Delaware River Region include Camden Children's
Garden, where kids can ride the garden carousel or climb the
treehouse and Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, home to 270
outdoor sculptures. Award-winning wineries can be found throughout
the region, including Coda Rossa Winery in Franklinville, which
produces an Ameritage (it's an award-winner) and an assortment of
other wines. Beer drinkers also have options here, with breweries
like Berlin Brewing Company offering microbrews made in-house.
McGuire Air Force Base aka Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB
McGuire AFB, the common name of the McGuire unit of Joint Base
McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB MDL), is a United States Air Force base
located in Burlington County, New Jersey, approximately 15 miles
from Trenton. It was consolidated with two adjoining US Army and
Navy facilities to become part of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
October 2009, but remains commonly known by McGuire or McGuire AFB.
McGuire in nestled in North Hanover Township in a wooded,
rural/agricultural area which is the least densely populated area
in the state. McGuire AFB neighbors NYC, Philadelphia, and Atlantic
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary
and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and
privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general
screening and medical care and examinations of patients for
routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ
systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel
patients as indicated).
- Provide quality care and related services for eligible
beneficiaries in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinic. The
beneficiary population enrolled to the Family Health Clinic range
in ages 13-65 (some exceptions over 65). Children under age 13 will
be enrolled to Pediatrics.
- Provides professional care within scope of practice,
established standards of care and federal and state laws.
- Acts as patient advocate and advances desired health outcomes
through patient and family education.
- Coordinates with and makes recommendations to staff agencies
concerning applicable policies, plans and programs.
- Participates in cross-functional collaboration to improve
patient care delivery.
- Supports research activities.
- Collaborates with Health Care Integrator (HCI) to assess health
and health care needs of individuals and populations.
- Collects, records, and analyzes patient or population health
(PH) data from preventive health assessments, nursing history,
physical examinations and other sources. Uses data to determine
needs of patients/populations.
- Identifies expected health outcomes. Involves the patient,
family, and community in setting realistic goals to achieve desired
- Plans comprehensive care to attain expected outcomes.
- Leads patient education efforts. Collaborates with other
disciplines. Implements and evaluates interventions. Oversees group
and individual health teaching for patients, families, and
- Monitors and records patient and PH status and improves the
quality of Population Health (PH) services by using process and
outcome performance measures.
- Uses ongoing assessment data to evaluate progress toward
expected outcomes and revise plan of care as needed.
- Provides oversight for nursing telehealth and triage; signs off
nursing triage within 24 hours. Also responds to telephone
consultations from patients/families requesting health care
- Effectively communicates and documents care using the
Triservice Workflow Form (TSWF) to ensure continuity of care.
- Participates in quality improvement and outcome management to
ensure cost-effective, quality health care delivery.
- Prioritizes identified risk factors and refers patients to the
Health and Wellness Center (HAWC), Disease Management (DM), Case
Management (CM), or other programs as appropriate for care
coordination, care plan development and referral to Medical
- Provides care in accordance with accepted clinical practice
guidelines. Supports nursing support staff protocols or decision
support tools. Monitors tools and metrics to evaluate and
continuously improve the effectiveness of programs and the health
of the defined population.
- Supervises and directs medical care delivered by medical
technicians, nurses, and other midlevel providers
- Knows capabilities of support staff and offers opportunities
for personal and professional development. Guides support staff in
gaining breadth and depth of experience in order to enhance
delivery of patient care.
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases
and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and
the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose,
prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer
the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical
personnel and perform designated treatment.
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Trenton , Physician / Pediatrics / New Jersey / Permanent / Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!