Speech Language Pathologist, Per Diem
Company: Gentiva Health Services
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Tracking Code 160000 Job Description I believe that better care
begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence
- that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians.
Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the
nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice,
and non-medical home care services.Kindred at Home, and its
affiliates,--delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients
and clients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation
and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each
unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional
support to our patients and their families. As a Home
Health--Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service
to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan
of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and
treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and
swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects
of such disorders and conditions.--
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of
therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition
and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of
alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company
and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of
evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination
activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly
established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the
best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff
development programs, obtain continuing education as required by
Company policy, regulation.-- Required Skills Qualifications
- Meet the education and experience requirements for
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills Required
Experience All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin. To learn more,
please contact your local recruiter at (toll
free)--855-KND-AT-HOME-- Job Location Trenton, Florida, United
States Position Type PRN
Keywords: Gentiva Health Services, Trenton , Speech Language Pathologist, Per Diem, Healthcare , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!