Registered Nurse RN PD Tier III
Company: University of Pennsylvania Health System
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health is seeking a Per
Diem Registered Nurse to join the team. * The registered staff
nurse is responsible for the provision of nursing care based on
standards of professional nursing practice. The registered nurse
demonstrates knowledge in the nursing process including:
assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification,
planning,implementation, and evaluation.
* The registered staff nurse utilizes primary nursing to achieve
optimal patient outcomes and takes an integral role in
collaborating with other disciplines toward patient outcome.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and maintains a plan of nursing care based on goals
derived from identified needs; revises the patients individualized
plan of care as indicated.
2. Implements individualized nursing plan of care, consistent with
established policies, procedures, and protocols.
3. Evaluates and documents patient responses to nursing care, and
participates in evaluating and improving the delivery of care on
4. Demonstrates accuracy in entering medication orders on the
computer and medication administration.
5. Provides appropriate coordination of care and intervention to
patients undergoing a psychiatric or medical emergency.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Systematically collects, communicates, and documents data about
health status and nursing needs of patients on an ongoing
2. Demonstrates clinical practice based on a sound knowledge base
regarding behavioral health nursing and psychotropic
3. Assumes responsibility for co-leading therapeutic groups as
indicated. Leadership is reflective of a theory base in group
4. Demonstrates competency in all clinical programs at Princeton
5. Maintains clinical competency in specific area of practice.
6. Will use evidence based practices to prevent central line
associated bloodstream infections.
7. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients,
their families, guests and representatives of other organizations
as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in
support of the Medical Center's mission to provide
consistentquality healthcare services in a professional, caring and
8. Follows established safety precautions and procedures in the
performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
Demonstrates familiarity with all codes/drills as required.
9. Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and
efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment. Assures the
timely completion of duties, promotes financial viability through
provision of services at a reasonable cost.
10. Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of
the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within
and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient
care and service.
11. Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
12. Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet
the physical, psychological and social needs of adult behavioral
13. Participates in unit compliance as related to established
standards. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Keywords: University of Pennsylvania Health System, Trenton , Registered Nurse RN PD Tier III, Healthcare , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!