Registered Nurse RN
Company: Insight Global
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The PACU RN is in charge of caring for patients who are waking
up from anesthesia. You will carefully monitor a patient's vital
signs, assess their levels of consciousness and watch out for any
side effects from anesthesia. If a patient has any negative
effects/response (like nausea or pain, etc) the RN is responsible
for administering any pain treatment or fluids, and communicating
any concerns to the doctor. This nurse will be an expert
collaborator and communicator. They will work alongside the
physicians, other nurses, and medical staff to keep them informed
of any changing circumstances during the patient's recovery.
- Monitoring post-operative patients' levels of recovery and
consciousness from anesthesia and providing updates to the
treatment team as needed.
- Treating pain, nausea, and other post-operative symptoms of
anesthesia and administering medication as prescribed.
- Regularly checking vital signs to quickly intercept any potential
issues and ensure a smooth recovery.
- Keeping bandages, dressings, etc. clean, dry, and safe.
- Educating patients and their families on post-surgery care, as
well as answering questions.
- Updating charts, patient files, and medical records.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-4:30PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of
nursing or in pursuit of a BSN
- Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License
- 1+ years of professional nursing experience
- Basic Life Support Certification
- 1+ years in surgical, critical care, PACU, or OR experience
Keywords: Insight Global, Trenton , Registered Nurse RN, Healthcare , Plainsboro, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!