Operations Supervisor - Mid Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 15, 2022
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale.
Join 80,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to
enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals
and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for
some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the
environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for
cancer.Location/Division Specific InformationBridgewater, NJ
Site/Global Chemicals was built from several acquisitions and
provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery
chemicals to Thermo Fisher's core research markets worldwide.How
will you make an impact?The Bridgewater Packaging Facility
Supervisor (Operations Supervisor) provides leadership by
overseeing all functions and employees in the Value Stream.
Responsible for day to day Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost
Leadership throughout the Bridgewater Packaging Facility on the mid
shift (11am - 7:30pm). With a focus on continuous improvement, this
people manager role will make an impact by ensuring operations run
in line with customer and company standards.What will you do?
- Must be able to work mid shift (11:00am - 7:30pm)
- Maintain a safe work environment, a high level of safety
awareness among associates, and implements 5S principles.
- Mentor and develop employees (approximately 30). Listens,
supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to
achieve excellent results.
- Optimize sequencing, setup, layout, and job execution to
produce a quality product efficiently and achieve daily production
targets. Record and report daily metrics within the Daily Visual
- Ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a
completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains
to their department and in accordance with all engineering
- Track worker performance by performing regular Gemba walks and
responding to problems immediately.
- Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to
team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving
for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
- Manage preventative maintenance program in the production area
to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
- Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a
satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid
capacity delays. Identify all additional training needs and
requirements and execute all necessary training requirements.
- Monitor, review, and improve manufacturing and quality related
activities and drives corrective and preventative actions. Focuses
team on using standardized work practices.
- Help the value stream leader manage expenses to meet budgets
and financial objectives.
- Maintain proper staffing levels of all roles on shift,
scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company
policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and
the Thermo Fisher 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or
statutory requirements.How will you get here?Education
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline or related field is
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience working in a manufacturing
environment, or fast paced high performing environment where
leadership is required.
- Experienced working as a Supervisor, or people leader in a
metrics driven environment.
- Experience leading, training, and developing teams.
- Experienced working in a metrics driven environment.
- FDA/GMP experience a plus.
- Experience with PRMS or other ERP/MRP system is preferred.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) system and
operating distillation process and tanks is preferred.Knowledge,
- Proven ability to follow policies and procedures, instructions,
and to meet project timelines consistently and independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support daily
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to
understand root cause and implement solutions.
- Working conditions require the ability to sit, stand, walk,
bend, climb stairs, and work at a computer station and on
manufacturing shop floor.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.At Thermo
Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a
unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer.Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher
Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected
status.Accessibility/Disability AccessJob Seekers with a
Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service
for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application
process. For example, this may include individuals requiring
assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive
impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or
assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include
your contact information and specific details about your required
accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Trenton , Operations Supervisor - Mid Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!