Senior Customer Service Representative
Company: Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:The Senior Customer Service
representative responds to customer phone, email and chat inquiries
for College Board, K12, and ETS programs. This role researches
customer service issues in a professional manner and provides
timely, relevant and accurate responses. The Senior Customer
Service Representative is a team player who thrives under pressure
of deadlines, can handle last minute requests, is able to
multi-task and prioritize daily work
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with customer and client
services by responding to routine and sensitive telephone calls,
e-mails and chats.
- Communicate clearly and concisely by phone, email and chat,
with test takers, clients, institutions, test centers and school
district personnel, testing coordinators, principals, and
administrators to provide information regarding all phases of the
test administration process with an emphasis on diplomacy, tact and
sensitivity and an awareness of impact on public relations and
- Research customer-facing issues in a professional manner and
provide timely, relevant, and accurate responses. Work
collaboratively with team members, leadership, and other
departments to ensure service level deadlines are met.
- Address and, when necessary, escalate customer service issues
according to existing procedures
- Utilize Customer relationship Management (CRM) and other case
management databases effectively
- Serve as point of contact for junior staff members for
escalated and unresolved calls and other typically non-routine and
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer
- Quickly and creatively analyze and resolve routine and complex
problems to ensure consistent, quality service to the
- Interact with interdepartmental/divisional staff to obtain and
provide information necessary to research processing problems which
may affect our customers.
- Draft and write clearly defined procedures for work processes
- Perform non-phone tasks, special projects/new work and prepare
reports as requested by management.
- Identify operational or program-specific situations and suggest
corrective action and/or provide exception processing or document
modifications in existing procedures.
- Consistently receive and/or provide feedback on performance
issues/issues impacting customer service.
- Adhere to ethical standards and comply with the laws and
regulations applicable to your job function
Education, Certifications or Special Licenses:
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is necessary.
- Two years of customer service experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience from which comparable
knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Candidates must also be fluent with phone, e-mail, and chat.
Experience in back office processes is ideal, but not
required.COVID-19 Requirements ETS requires all new hires to either
certify that they have been fully vaccinated or request and obtain
an exemption due to medical or religious reasons by their start
date.EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.EDUCATIONAL
TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with
Disabilities.EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free
Keywords: Educational Testing Service (ETS), Trenton , Senior Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!