Posted on: August 5, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, the Shipping and Receiving Associate
will keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments by providing
information, direction, and scheduling regarding product
acceptance, delivery, and storage.
• Work with others to representatives to rectify problems, such as
damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue
instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Resolve issues related to overages, shortages and damages.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests,
invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and
shipping orders to route materials.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space
availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting,
accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
• Contact customer to resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain correspondence with customers, including receipts,
invoices (if required), and tallies.
• Document all correspondence.
• Provide assistance in answering the telephone, resolving
distribution center problems, and providing backup to the
• In conjunction with distribution, schedule deliveries.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to
work assigned shift.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred,
or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers,
fractions, and decimals.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and
receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without
exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a
• Tools and Technology: Experience with Warehouse Management
Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Trenton , Shipping/Receiving Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!