Company: Penn Medicine
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission
of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting
innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of
medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means
collaboration with top clinical, technical and business
professionals across all disciplines.Today at Penn Medicine,
someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart,
deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our
employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's
- Responsible for patient and guest tray delivery and retrieval,
delivery of patient nourishment, snacks and floor stock.
Responsible for providing an exceptional, caring and compassionate
experience for patients and their families. Responsible and
accountable for achieving patient satisfaction scores according to
established departmental goals.Responsibilities:
- Delivers patient trays in a timely and accurate manner in
compliance to department tray delivery time standards while
maintaining food quality and temperature.
- Maintains proper hand hygiene. Performs and follows protocol
for patient identification when delivering food to patients.
Documents and completes tray and floor stock delivery logs
- Retrieves soiled trays from patient room in a timely manner at
the end of each meal period. Collects and returns correct amount of
cash change and/or documents correct credit card information for
guest tray charges.
- Communicates and interacts with Nursing, Dining Coordinator,
Nutrition Supervisor and Manager effectively to meet patient needs
and provide service recovery promptly. Communicates and addresses
patient food issues/concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing
exceptional service, following scripting, and approaching each
patient while being polite, courteous, smiling and respectful.
- Wraps silverware, assembles/prepares, stocks food and other
supplies for patient tray line as necessary. Cleans and sanitizes
meal delivery carts and condiment bins as well as work station
- Follows all departmental policies regarding food safety,
infection prevention, employee hygiene, hazardous material and
waste disposal processes.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations and departmental sanitation procedures.
- Identifies and utilizes chemicals following directions
recommended by manufacturer and per MSDS sheets.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in
disaster drills, as appropriate. Adheres to Life Safety Program and
participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff
development programs as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains helpful
approach towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Wears ID Badge at shoulder level. Complies with department
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Reads and complies with hospital and departmental policies and
procedures as applicable.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.Credentials:Education
or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED Minimum one (1) year previous work
experience - preferredWe believe that the best care for our
patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee
benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that
includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in
the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and
committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical
advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.Live Your
Life's WorkWe are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard
to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or
sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status,
status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by
applicable law. REQNUMBER: UPHS-INFOR-138076
Keywords: Penn Medicine, Trenton , Dining Ambassador, Hospitality & Tourism , Plainsboro, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!