Company: The Elms Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of C
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Elms Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of Cranbury -
Summary/ObjectiveIn keeping with our organization's goal of
improving the lives of the Residents we serve, the Housekeeper
plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and
housekeeping services to all Residents in the facility. The
Housekeeper is responsible maintaining environmental and infection
control standards by performing a variety of general cleaning
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Cleans and sanitizes Resident rooms, offices, hallways and other
areas inside the facility as well as outside and the entire
2. Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, and
related housekeeping equipment
3. Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other
high areas using a ladder.
4. Performs terminal cleaning procedures of Resident rooms and
prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolations procedures
when cleaning isolation rooms.
5. Assure that established infection control and standard
precaution practices are maintained at all times. Follow
established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using
equipment and supplies.
6. Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment, and supply
issues to the supervisor.
7. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of
Residents/residents and interacts with them in a manner that
displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
8. Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously
when working in Resident care areas.
9. Assist with new admissions, re-admissions by ensuring that rom
has been cleaned and sanitized and ready for occupancy.
10. Assists with training of new staff.
11. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with
Residents, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
12. Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a health care setting. This
role requires regular walking to various locations around the
facility while pulling or pushing carts. This position works mostly
in the Resident care areas as well as outside weather conditions.
This role may also come into contact with patients who may have
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is
very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and
stooping on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move objects weighing over 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: The Elms Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center of C, Trenton , Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Cranbury, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!