Sanitation Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in
Elizabeth, New Jersey has a proud history dating back to the
founding our our Country. Elizabeth is a great American City.
Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY : Ensures proper sanitation of
the production equipment and facilities by supervising sanitation
employees, cleaning and inspecting equipment according to
established policies and procedures, and training employees. DUTIES
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Responsible for the sanitation of the plant, interior and
- Responsible for the sanitation and janitorial staff
- Organize sanitation crew in an efficient and effective manner
to maximize resources.
- Monitor plant, equipment and parts for cleanliness and proper
- Track trends to identify areas of improvement and actions to
improve these areas.
- Communicate issues or potential issues to management.
- Lead cross-functional Sanitation team.
- Accompany USDA inspector during pre-op inspections.
- Participate in 3rd party and regulatory audits.
- Conduct safety and educational training.
- Inventory and order sanitation supplies.
- Provides a safe working environment.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: EDUCATION AND
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- Minimum of three successful years working in sanitation in the
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to respond to questions from internal/external
customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Understanding and the ability to write SSOP's.
- Keen awareness and enforcement of safety procedures and
- Knowledge of chemicals and chemical usage.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written.
- Working computer knowledge specifically in Microsoft Outlook,
Excel, and Word. PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working with USDA is a plus.
- Knowledge of CIP Preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools & techniques
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Trenton , Sanitation Supervisor (3rd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Hopewell, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!