Companion - Immediate Need $16/hr for one client i
Company: Interim Healthcare - Mercer County
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionA client in an assisted living facility is in
need of companion services and redirection. All Activities of Daily
Living (ADLs) are assisted by the facility. 4 to 6 hours per day in
the afternoons until bedtime. 7-days a week is needed, but pick up
any days you want! CHHA certification not required. General
Purpose:Provide companionship and socialization activities to
adults, shopping, preparing nutritious meals or snacks, and light
housekeeping related to the patients/clients as permitted by the
policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other
federal, state and local law or regulation. Essential
- Provides companionship and socialization activities to
- Perform incidental activities of daily living such as light
shopping and errands, preparing nutritious meals or snack, and
straightening up the patient/client's immediate environment.
- Utilize infection control measures such as universal standard
precautions, hand washing and personal protective equipment as
- Recognize, document and report change in patient/client
environment and safety to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and organize
- Attend mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provide
requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Perform tasks as assigned such as transporting to a doctor,
church, or visits to friends.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department. The Interim HealthCare Inc. Companion may
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedures or
attend to children.
- Reconcile bank statements, or endorse checks, or use any form
of the client's credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM). Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Graduate of companion training in states where required or
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.Knowledge, Skills &
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
- Other minimum requirements as defined by state law or
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver's
license as required by the organization's insurance carrier if
assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds in
order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that
may be required.
Keywords: Interim Healthcare - Mercer County, Trenton , Companion - Immediate Need $16/hr for one client i, Human Resources , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!