Company: Port Jersey Logistics
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Title: Payroll SpecialistFLSA Status: Exempt Department:
Human ResourcesReports to: SR. HR ManagerSummary The Payroll
Specialist will be responsible for the preparation and processing
of weekly payroll, including time and attendance, employee
maintenance, record-keeping and audit schedules for the guidance of
management. The position is also responsible for union
documentation and reporting requirements to ensure compliance with
Collective Bargaining Agreements. Responsibilities
- Process weekly payroll for all union and non-union employees in
an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure best practices and delivery of administrative payroll
services according to state/federal regulations and contractual
- Follow pre-established procedures necessary to reconcile weekly
payroll data to ensure involuntary deductions such as levies and
garnishments are processed efficiently and in accordance with the
- Process all voluntary deductions; union dues, benefits
including but not limited to 401k, medical, dental, vision,
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports as
requested. Develop and produce all required and requested payroll
reports and queries, ensuring accurate and timely information.
- Review weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll reports
to ensure accuracy and timeliness of filings.
- Ensure pay records are accurate and compliant with federal,
state, and local legal requirements. Monitor payroll
- Support staff with general questions related to payroll, Paid
Time Off accruals, wage deductions, and fringe benefits.
- Maintain time and attendance records including time off
requests by utilizing the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Collaborate with HR team members to ensure the integrity of
data entered into the HRIS/Payroll is accurate.
- Conduct system audits to ensure salary/wage information,
deductions, terminations and leave information is accurate and
- Process invoices related to Union benefits and Legal
- Support managers, supervisors, and employees by being
knowledgeable about core payroll practices.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Support the Human Resources Team with any other administrative
work/projects when necessary. Direct Reports
- Must have 2 - 4 years of comprehensive knowledge and experience
processing multi-state payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other Payroll/HRIS/Time &
- Knowledge of Federal and State payroll laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software
(Excel, Word) Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is
required. This would require the ability to lift and/or move office
equipment and files ranging anywhere from 5 - 15 lbs.,
- Fine hand manipulation - typing, writing
- Must be physically able to open filing cabinets and bend,
stand, balance, stoop or twist as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk, listen and hear on the phone for long
periods of time.
- Vision abilities required by the job include close vision and
- Ability to walk around the warehouse to gather information
- Maybe required to travel to other Tyler locations - must be
able to operate his/her own motor vehicle Mental Demands While
performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required
to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret
data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and
complex office administrative problems; use math and mathematical
reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply
Keywords: Port Jersey Logistics, Trenton , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Cranbury, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...