Company: Princeton University
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Payroll CoordinatorUS-NJ-PrincetonJob ID: 2023-16721Type:
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: Financial Services and
ProcurementPrinceton UniversityOverviewThe Facilities Department of
Building Services seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented person
to fill the newly-created role of Payroll Coordinator. Reporting
directly to the Business Operations/Logistics Manager, this
position works closely with the Assistant to the Directors,
Managers, Supervisors, and the Finance & Treasury Payroll staff to
provide payroll duties and serve as the central point of contact
for over 300 employees within the department. The Payroll
Coordinator must be able to respond with appropriate urgency to
situations that arise and solve problems efficiently and
effectively, have integrity, and discretion in handling
confidential information, and be the consummate professional in
interacting with all levels of individuals internally. The
incumbent will routinely work with the Time and Absence Management
(TAM) system and various computer programs such as Microsoft Office
Suite, Maximo, and SharePoint.Responsibilities
- Understand and manage Time Absence Management (TAM) for
Bi-Weekly employees by reviewing time sheets daily and comparing
information entered by department Supervisors and Managers.
- Complete staffing forms for HR, Including Termination,
Retirement, Resignation, and Leave of Absence.
- Liaise with Human Resources Benefits team for Disability,
Workmens Compensation, Family Medical Leave Absence, Leave of
- Maintain Grievance Log and Log for daily call-outs for absence
and late arrivals in Share Point.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Occupational Health to
coordinate employee appointments at McCosh Health Center.
- Track unscheduled time and prepare reports for Operations
- Work with special payroll deadlines around holidays, university
- Post position openings through the applicant tracking system
- Enter appraisal scores in the Salary Administration Module
(SAM) for annual increases.
- Maintain staffing spreadsheet databases, tracking position
numbers, vacancies, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate with time and absence Supervisors,
Payroll Reps, and Absence Administrators when appropriate.
- Update payroll information for new hires, promotions,
transfers, or terminations.
- Create, maintain, and update employee records in the file room
- Prepare payroll reports for senior management.
- Assist and respond to inquiries regarding pay, bundled time,
I-9 compliance, and Office of Human Resources' Self Service.
- Address issues with Time Clock Plus with the vendor and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse
environment with demonstrated flexibility and composure.
- Model our core value of Teamwork by developing internal and
external partnerships to better accomplish goals; maintains good
working relationships with co-workers, superiors, and the
- Show our core value of Innovation in support of the department,
encouraging creativity, sharing valued remarks, and demonstrating
perseverance with recommendations to management.
- Practice our core value of Integrity by performing job duties
in accordance with University and departmental policies and
procedures, professional standards and practices, and in accordance
with relevant laws, regulations, and practices.
- Demonstrate our core value of Inclusiveness by representing
strong employee morale and cultivating a culture of inclusion,
fairness, and effective leadership while embracing diversity in
recruitment and talent retention efforts.
- Show our core value of Respect when representing the university
or department during campus activities, customer service, or other
topics of general interest to the public or University Community;
maintains appropriate attendance in the workplace by keeping
tardiness and unplanned absences to a minimum.
- Model our core value of Sustainability while performing work
duties such as waste removal, product usage, and interacting with
the campus community to encourage good recycling habits.
- Collaborate with the University community and promote healthy
working relationships on a regular basis through professionalism
- Create a safety culture by modeling safe behavior, regularly
participating in scheduled Safety Huddles, demonstrating safe work
practices, and serving as an ambassador on safety matters.
- Contributes to the overall success of the department by
performing other essential duties and responsibilities as
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be able to comprehend written and oral instructions in
- Typing and word processing skills.
- Good organization skills with the ability to multitask.
- Available to work overtime during high-volume work periods
within the academic calendar year.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Mathematical and problem-solving abilities.
- Time Management skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willingness to learn new software programs.All Facilities
employees are core essential employees and are expected to be
available to work as directed by the department during emergencies
impacting University operations.At times during the academic year,
management reserves the right to limit approval of leave requests
in order to accommodate university special events or activities.
Princeton University is an and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Princeton University, Trenton , Payroll Coordinator, Human Resources , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...