Corp Systems Engineer - Database
Company: SHI International Corp.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The CORP Systems Engineer - Database will work in our Call Center
for incident and problem management related to the maintenance and
support of the company Cloud Support customer environment. The CORP
Systems Engineer - Database will provide a single view to the
organization for Cloud Customer technology related incidents.
through telephone and email support and guidance to users of the
Cloud Services portfolio. The CORP Systems Engineer - Database will
report to the Director - Corp IT Services Support .
Founded in 1989, SHI International is an $11 billion global
provider of IT solutions and services. SHI currently has 5,000
To learn more about SHI International Corp, visit our website:
What SHI Can Offer
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms and cafeterias
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and
development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible
Includes, But Are Not Limited To
- Answer incoming calls and/or requests when required,
troubleshoot, resolve issues and provide first call resolutions for
- Assists Service Desk Analysts as a subject matter expert
resource for database products
- Assists Cloud Account Managers and Technical Account Managers
with customer engagements by attending managed service customer's
monthly cadence calls to assist with technical questions.
- Coordinate resources, both internal and external vendors to
solve IT problems for AWS, Azure and O365 cloud venders.
- Configuration and management of Cloud-based Databases such as
SQL Managed Instances, SQL PAAS, Azure Data Factory, Amazon Aurora,
MongoDB, Cosmos DB, etc
- Configure Database backups and monitoring tools for our Managed
- Create knowledge base articles for our Managed Service
- Develops, documents, and conducts various training for Service
- Enter and manage all incidents and problems in the incident
management system and act as a liaison between customers and
technical escalation teams
- Energetically follow-up on open incidents and problems and
provide status updates and feedback to end users while problems are
- Guide end users on best practices when using SHI's Cloud
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source;
determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions and
consults with users
- Maintains and updates documentation in CRM and/or
SharePoint/Teams for customer specific runbook processes.
- Maintain Database security by controlling database access
permissions and privileges while complying with regulatory
requirements. User Management and linked servers.
- Perform Database Maintenance activities such as upgrades and
- Provide L2 support for Databases such as SQL Managed Instances,
SQL PAAS, Azure Data Factory, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, Cosmos DB,
- Provide first line response for remote customers requiring
assistance with information technology issues and problems within
SHI's Cloud Support customer portfolio.
- Provide support for AWS, GCP and Microsoft account teams.
- Provide Performance Tuning and assist developers with complex
query tuning and schema refinement.
- Keep tickets up to date with all contact attempts and details
of ticket work and problem resolution information.
- Support application functionality and remain current on release
updates and product knowledge.
- Support evening and weekend on call activities as necessary.
- Support multiple versions of Windows/Linux Operating
- Support projects as assigned by the Service Desk Manager,
Senior Engineers and TAM's.
- Work closely with other departments on follow up and
communications to ensure clients/end users receive the best support
- Work with the DevOps team and Development teams integrating
Databases into the CI/CD pipeline to ensure database deployments
and implementation support efforts meet expectations.
- 5+ years of (tier 2 or 3) administration or engineering
experience in an enterprise IT environment
- 3+ years of AWS or AZURE support in an enterprise IT
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- One or more certifications (Database certifications: MS SQL,
MYSQL, Oracle, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, Cosmos DB, etc) The primary
skill should be in MS SQL
- Basic scripting and development & PowerShell
- Expertise with professionally coordinating and assisting
customer support (tier-2 or tier-3) personnel with AWS or AZURE
related incidents and tasks
- Expertise in coordination and escalation to AWS or Microsoft
support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party
software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions
and operations problems
- Ability to learn and support new systems and application
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Able to adjust queries to improve performance
- Expertise with data warehousing
- Initiative to research and resolve problems
- Must demonstrate proper escalation processes
- Professional telephone manner
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- Azure Data Factory
- Amazon Aurora
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Cosmos DB
- MS SQL
- SQL PAAS,
- Must be able to work various shifts to support 24 by 7 by 365
- Must participate in on-call rotation
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran
Keywords: SHI International Corp., Trenton , Corp Systems Engineer - Database, IT / Software / Systems , Somerset, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!