Lead Software Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments (FMR LLC)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
At Fidelity, we are committed to safeguarding the health and
well-being of our associates, clients, and candidates. We are
actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are
continuing to hire in order to serve our clients around the globe.
To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on
virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our
recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need
throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your
understanding and flexibility during this time. x CAUTION AGAINST
FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS: Click here to learn more. Lead Software
Engineering - SQL, Unix, Shell Fidelity's Finance Procurement &
Accounting IT Technology (FPAIT) organization is looking for an
individual to take a Lead Software Engineer role in our Finance
Data Warehousing and Management Platform Analytics Project for the
new strategic initiatives like data lakes and modernizing the
Finance applications in managerial finance. The Lead Software
Engineer will design and develop Data Warehousing solutions for
critical Management Analytical Platform initiatives like stats hub,
revenue hub, tax hub etc. The Value You Deliver
- You will be participating in end to end development which
includes design, development, testing and deployment.
- You will be working closely with Technical Lead/Business System
analysts/Architects to ensure that solutions are consistent with IT
- You will be participating in technical life cycle processes,
which include impact analysis, design review, code review, and peer
- You will be participating in hands on development of
application framework code in Oracle PL-SQL, pySpark, Python, NiFi,
Informatica Power Center, Snowflake along with Control-M and Unix
- You will be troubleshooting and fixing any issues reported on
data issues and performance.
- You will be presenting the findings and outcome to Senior
Leadership teams and provide insights from the data to the
- You will be helping business teams optimize their current tasks
and increase their productivity.---
The Skills that are Key to this role Technical / Behavioral
- You must be an expert in using SQL and PLSQL on Oracle or
Netezza with Unix shell scripting skills.
- You should be having working knowledge in AWS, S3, Python and
- You should be having experience in Control-M or similar
- You should have experience of using AWS services like EC2, S3,
EMR to move data onto cloud platform
- You should have proven analytical and problem-solving
- You should be strong in Database and Data Warehousing
- You must be able to work independently in a globally
- You should have clear understanding of the business needs and
incorporate these into technical solutions.
The Skills that are Good To Have for this role
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization techniques on
SQL (Oracle and Netezza) and Informatica Power Center.
- Knowledge on AGILE practices is a plus
- Having strong inter-personal and communication skills including
written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Having adequate knowledge on DevOps, JIRA and Agile
How Your Work Impacts the Organization Corporate Technology Group
(CTG) provides integrated technology solutions to enterprise wide
business functions including Corporate Finance & Accounting, Human
Resources, Enterprise Communications, Records Management,
Compliance, Legal, Risk and Security. Information Management and
Analytics are at the center of IT Strategy to enable business
capabilities delivered by this group for Managerial Finance,
Compliance, Fraud Detection, and Human Capital Management.
Managerial Finance comprises of a set of enterprise-wide
applications that supports finance portfolio planning, project cost
and profitability information across all Fidelity Business Units.
The Expertise We're Looking For
5+ years of IT experience Bachelor degree in Computer Science or
Information Technology or MCA Shift timings: 11:00 am - 8:00pm
Certifications: Company Overview At Fidelity, we are focused on
making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in
helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held
company that places a high degree of value in creating and
nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and
reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our
diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our
associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity
India has been the Global Inhouse Center of Fidelity Investments
since 2003 with offices in Bangalore and Chennai. For information
about working at Fidelity, visit India.Fidelity.com. Fidelity
Investments is an equal opportunity employer. Fidelity encourages
success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic
partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship,
ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally
recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments (FMR LLC), Trenton , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Rosemont, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!