Intern: Software Engineering focus
Company: SRI International
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Description SRI International's Center for Vision
Technologies offers end-to-end computer vision solutions that
translate into real-world applications. Our scientists have
pioneered real-time, real-world systems in multimodal (text, audio,
and vision) analytics, Machine Learning (ML), stereo processing,
object recognition, activity recognition, reinforcement learning
and integrated sensor and processing solutions. We continue today
to advance real-time computer vision algorithms directly applicable
into real-world applications. We are looking for a creative and
energetic summer intern with a background in traditional software
engineering and/or software engineering for maintaining, testing,
and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence-based
computer vision algorithms. A successful candidate needs to
demonstrate the ability to assist in developing software
applications leveraging existing and new computer vision
algorithms. The right candidate will possess a strong technical
background and software development experience, understanding
methods for working across different research teams. In this
position you will:
- Work in a team environment to develop structured and robust
applications for machine learning applications.
- Work closely with our algorithm teams to ensure high quality
implementation of machine learning algorithms. Knowledge of
software design patterns is a must.
- Support QA: continuous integration testing and deployment of
machine learning algorithms. Knowledge of CI/CD systems and/or
Gitlab CI/CD are bonus.
- Support development framework to build, run, test and debug
Machine Learning applications.
- Develop and maintain solutions for large scale deployment of
machine learning algorithms and applications for both learning and
inference in a high-performance computing environment.
- Working towards a M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science, software
engineering, or related field. Background in computer vision,
machine learning is a bonus.
- Strong hands-on skills and ability to develop structured
software (code and applications) in Python e.g., Flask APIs.
- Experience with software version and CI/CD tools e.g.,
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, containerization solutions like
docker, are a must.
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source projects, code
Keywords: SRI International, Trenton , Intern: Software Engineering focus, IT / Software / Systems , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!