Technical Support Specialist
Company: Wodwo, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Technical Support SpecialistWodwo is seeking an ambitious
self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial
environment to join our technical team.The Technical Support
Specialist will collaborate with the application and systems
administration teams and report to the CEO. This candidate must be
able to work independently without significant supervision and be a
team-oriented individual with a results-driven mindset.Role:Provide
first-tier customer support:
- Translate customer issues between conversational speech and
- Track and communicate multiple open issues, sometimes with
rapid task switching.
- Document resolutions in professional, concise, and complete
knowledge base entries.Monitor AWS application stack:
- Proactively maintain web application including both front- and
- Identify and resolve issues with customer portals.
- Perform database and supporting structure updates.
- Identify trends in usage and performance for design
improvement.Analyze and improve data handling processes:
- Extend existing data system tools and technologies, as
- Develop and build new tools to solve data processing
- Develop and/or maintain data systems documentation.Supplement
maintenance on two Teradata database systems and two Hadoop
- Provide ad hoc SQL query support, developing and
- ETL (extract / transform / load) of large files associated with
database and clusters.
- Maintain / develop tools (using Teradata, Python, and/or Scala)
for file processing.
- Update database and Hadoop systems with monthly
build.Coordinate with systems administration to ensure systems
security and continuity.
- Ensure business continuity with sound configuration management
of data systems.
- Implement best-practices cybersecurity policies.
- Document and test processes for business continuity and
disaster recovery.To support this role, the ideal candidate would
Active Directory, Remote Desktop Gateway, Software Update
ServerSSHFamiliarity with managed network switching and
cybersecurity measures such as RADIUS/MFAData systems:Cloud (AWS
S3, EC2, Glue, Route53, IAM; Terraform/Terragrunt; Azure Active
Directory, Virtual Machines, Blob)Relational Databases (Teradata,
Microsoft SQL, Postgres, AWS Athena)Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, YARN,
etc.)Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server; AWS,
CentOS, and Ubuntu Linux)Programming:PythonPHPSQLDjango
FrameworkRefactoring - familiarity with older languagesExperience
processing large files (10+ GB)LocationPrinceton, New JerseyJob
Type: Full-timePay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- On callSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payCOVID-19 considerations:Employees must be vaccinated
to be employed by Wodwo. Employees are encouraged to wear masks in
public settings.Ability to commute/relocate:
- Princeton, NJ 08540: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Technical support: 3 years (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Wodwo, Inc., Trenton , Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!