Senior Linux Systems Engineer - Day (Remote)
Company: A2 Hosting
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Overview :
A2 Hosting, Inc., a premier high performance hosting company,
provides shared web hosting, virtual private servers and dedicated
servers to clients around the world. As a Senior System Engineer,
you will be part of our global 24x7 technical operations team. As a
member of the technical operations team, you would be responsible
for investigating and providing solutions to complex technical
issues that will make our customer experience better. This position
is 100% remote.
The System Engineering team operates 24x7x365, we currently have
open positions for our day shift (EST).
At A2 Hosting our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might
fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
Passionate - We take pride in what we do
Collaborative - We think about the team first
Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
Curious - We desire to learn and do better
Agile - We are able to move quickly and easily
Responsibilities for Senior System Engineer :
- Provide solutions to complex technical issues from internal
- Monitor the A2 server farm for stability and take proactive and
reactive measures to correct and prevent system issues.
- Work closely with our monitoring, engineering and platform
teams to come up with best practices and ways to improve the
existing infrastructure and new infrastructure build-outs.
- Build tools and solutions to automate recurring tasks.
- Write formal documentation on configuration standards,
troubleshooting steps, and infrastructure design.
- Design and implement large and complex technology
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
- 3 years of Linux (CentOS/RHEL) System Administrator experience
in a web hosting environment.
- The ability to write shell scripts to help automate routine
- Familiarity with configuration management systems and the
ability to write new modules and modify existing modules, e.g.
- Expert knowledge in web hosting software such as Apache,
Litespeed, MySQL, and Exim.
- Ability to work on your own or as a team in a fast-paced and
constantly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
What We Offer :
- Subsidized health insurance; dental and vision coverage also
available (for US Team Members only)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth (for US Team Members
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of hours to be used for vacations,
holidays and sick time
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance (for US Team
- Annual company events such as a summer BBQ and holiday
- The ability to work from home, this position is 100% remote
If youd like to apply to our team, please submit a resume and cover
letter telling us why you would be a great fit for our team.
This position is a remote position, you can live anywhere in the
world as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
To the US applicants - we are licensed to do business in the
following states: AR, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, MI, NC, OK, OR, PA,
SD, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI.
For those who are outside of these states, we are sorry we missed
you and hope for future collaboration.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: A2 Hosting, Trenton , Senior Linux Systems Engineer - Day (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Dayton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!