Senior MS SQL DBA
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- Provide guidance and support working with the 24x7 database
administration team for all SQL Server production databases,
services, and infrastructure, both in house and cloud
- The team also supports development and quality testing
environments as needed.
- Conduct systematic performance tuning (i.e. server, database
and query performance tuning, database-related component tuning,
and product-specific database request tuning).
- Assist in development, efficiency improvements and
implementation of database policies and procedures for data
security and integrity.
- Maintain environment metadata reporting frameworks and identify
trends within the environment to further increase
- Provide architectural review and recommendations for new
processes, applications and products requiring database integration
- Drive the team to provide appropriate solutions, not simple
short-term fixes to escalated issues.
- Maintain an SRE mindset and solve problems through Powershell
scripting and automating operational processes.
- Work through CICD orchestration in Azure DevOps to deploy
Powershell and SQL code into production.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies including weekly sprints and
Desired Skills Set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years database experience.
- Proven extensive experience with MS SQL Server and a passion to
- Working experience managing and automating SQL Server with
- Strong decision-making skills, take charge personality, and the
ability to drive a plan to completion.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and customer
- Advanced analytical and creative skills demonstrate
resourcefulness in problem solving and optimization of
- Ability to communicate information and issues clearly and
succinctly with both technical and non-technical
- Self-manage work and complete systems and database related
projects independently, on a team, and while leading a
- Strong communication skills.
- Should have the ability to work independently.
- To adhere to quality standards, regulatory requirements and
- To provide support for on call escalations and doing incident
and problem management.
- To independently resolve tickets and ensure that the agreed SLA
of ticket volume and time are met for the team.
- To ensure positive customer experience and CSAT through First
Call Resolution and minimum rejected resolutions or Reopen
- Work on value adding activities such Knowledge base update and
management, Training freshers, coaching analysts and conducting
interview or participation in hiring drives.
- To participate or contribute to EN business in creation of
proposals to drive Service improvement plans.
- Manage delivery of services and resources to meet or exceed
service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Own Service Level Agreements agreed between client and customer
and ensure they are met all the time.
- Leading the Disaster Recovery measures and all other ITSM
process areas for Open Systems to comply with customer
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Trenton , Senior MS SQL DBA, IT / Software / Systems , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!