Software Asset Management Analyst
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Pay Range $74hr - $78hr
- As a Software Asset Management Analyst, candidates will be
responsible for daily and strategic management of the software
portfolio in order to optimize the value, cost and minimize the
risk for Software and SaaS investments.
- Candidates will track, maintain, and coordinate license and
maintenance agreement renewals with software owners. Candidates
will develop reports that pull data from various sources showing
license entitlements, installations, usage, renewal, procurement
status, and data gaps and research and develop standardized SAM
- Candidates will work closely with subject matter experts,
including software owners, system architects, system
administrators, project and program managers, financial managers,
and engineers to obtain critical information required for the
management of software.
- Candidates will drive decisions regarding software licensing
models and terms that have a direct impact on the client's IT
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in
repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory,
contracts, and cost.
- Working with the Software Owners to manage enterprise License
true-up & reconciliations.
- Provide support during software publisher audits. Assist with
- Recommend audit defense initiatives.
- Identify savings opportunities through software re-harvesting
and license optimization
- Respond to requests from software owners, end users, managers,
developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset
- Stays informed of new and updated software license models and
options for key manufacturer products.
- Actively assesses risk and cost reduction opportunities and
makes. recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset
Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
Qualifications And Skills Required:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology,
Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Asset Management tools and
- Experience with ServiceNow SAM Pro a must and Flexera
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals /
- Knowledge of product use rights for key publishers such as
Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, SAP, Symantec, IBM, EMC, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills,
including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large
amounts of information.
- Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to multitask.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Trenton , Software Asset Management Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...