Company: The Arc Mid-Hudson
Posted on: September 10, 2023
The Arc Mid-Hudson, with locations in Ulster, Greene, Putnam, and
Columbia counties, has a full-time opportunity on our Information
Technology team for a Database Specialist.
This position will lend technical expertise to staff of the agency,
specifically geared towards supplying data products, systems, and
programs that serve the mission of the Arc of Mid-Hudson.
Key responsibilities of the position will involve, but won't be
- Be the primary person who builds and maintains solutions to
extract, transform, and load data from multiple data sources
(including on premises as well s cloud-based data systems).
- Work with the data analytics team to understand their data
needs and design datasets to meet those needs.
- Design queries and stored procedures as needed to create
functional datasets. Troubleshoot and optimize queries and
procedures to provide efficient and up-to-date access to data.
- Develop and maintain scripts, processes, or applications that
simplify and automate workflows, including the transfer and
transmission of data internally within the agency or with external
- Improve data governance, backup and security, specifically
around data systems.
- Help identify and select relevant products and solutions that
serve the organization.
- Create documentation on in-house developed solutions. HOURS:
40/Monday through Friday/must be flexible/some remote work is
- Bachelor's degree in computer/data related discipline or at
least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Self-directing team player with an interest in databases and
- Willing to work in Kingston NY with occasional travel/work in
adjacent counties (Ulster, Greene, Columbia, Putnam).
- Passionate about the use of data to meet business needs and
- Adept with data technologies and quick to learn new
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and
non-technical staff to understand their needs and explore possible
- Willing to own a problem, develop solutions independently,
while collaborating closely with the rest of the IT team on any IT
related topic that may need attention.
- Understand data models, data warehousing, and the ETL
- Able to make use of data dictionaries, information schema
views, and other tools to quickly learn database structures and
- Comfortable with a Windows computer environment, running MS
Office Productivity Software.
- Understand the automation of tasks, i.e., export, import, and
reporting tasks, in a Windows environment.
- Understand and implement security best practices to ensure the
security and integrity of agencies data.
- Familiar with the data privacy and security requirements of
HIPAA/HITECH/NY SHIELD Act.
- Detail oriented and organized. Additional Qualifications:
- Strong experience with SQL Server (relational database
structure, SQL queries, stored procedures, SQL Server Integration
Services, SQL Server Agent).
- Knowledge of T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server) and PL/SQL (Oracle)
- Experience integrating data from multiple systems, including
SQL Server and Oracle databases, Sharepoint Lists, flat file
imports, and APIs for data access.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, particularly
Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge of healthcare data, specifically centered on those
with developmental disabilities.
- Familiarity with data related to Electronic Health Records,
Financial/Accounting systems, and HR/Timekeeping/Payroll.
- A passion for working in a field that serves those with
Keywords: The Arc Mid-Hudson, Trenton , Database Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Kingston, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!