Corporate Paralegal - Contract Review/Negotiation experience is required
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Supports all entities, facilities and departments throughout the
Virtua Health System on legal matters, including but not limited to
reviewing, drafting & negotiating contract terms (as appropriate
with the position) for a wide variety of contracts, such as - -
real estate leases, education affiliation agreements, IT software
and hosting agreements, etc. - Handles subpoenas, foreclosures and
bankruptcy notices. - Provides paralegal support related to
discovery for litigation and other claims. - Works on projects (at
times, in a project manager role) and otherwise, provides paralegal
support to the full Virtua Attorney Team.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates contracts & agreements (often of
a value in excess of one million dollars) for all entities,
facilities and departments across the Virtua Health System. - This
may include real estate documents & leases, preparation of Initial
Statements and Further Statements (for claiming property tax
- Receives & reviews subpoenas and summons/complaints and
coordinates the required and appropriate response accordingly, such
as coordination with Virtua in-house counsel, Health Information
Management Department, Risk Management Department, etc. - -
- Conducts legal research on a wide variety of legal, regulatory
and business issues.
- Supports the Virtua Foundation by, among other things,
preparing legal documents associated with estate/will donations to
- Assists in litigation/other claims filed against Virtua and its
subsidiaries including but not limited to handling the management
of Virtua's discovery/e-discovery obligations, contacting Virtua
leaders and employees for information relevant to the claim, and
otherwise assisting the assigned in-house attorney as needed.
- Participates in a variety of projects within and outside of the
Office of the General Counsel and, at times, serving as the project
manager (i.e., corporate governance, contract administration,
patient care matters, privacy, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years paralegal experience, - which includes a
minimum of 3 years with a law firm performing work directly
relevant to the job duties of the Virtua Paralegal position.
- Excellent overall computer and legal research skills (i.e.,
Westlaw) as well as proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Proactive and proven success at meeting deadlines
- Detail oriented and high ability to prioritize workload in a
fast-paced legal/corporate work environment. -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have a
high level of legal writing skills.
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational
- Must be able to work effectively and successfully as a team
- Paralegal certification/degree from an accredited college,
university or program.
Keywords: VIRTUA, Trenton , Corporate Paralegal - Contract Review/Negotiation experience is required, Other , Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!