Head of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I)
Company: Munich Re
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Head of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Location
Princeton , United States Your job At Munich Re, we continue to
grow our culture of Inclusion by leveraging the insights and
experiences of diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We are
creating a culture where our people can be their best to
differentiate Munich Re US in the marketplace for our employees,
partners and customers. We are currently looking for a talented
individual who will be responsible for executing and enhancing our
short-term Diversity & Inclusion strategy and fully embedding an
inclusion and equity mindset in our culture. This includes
developing, fostering and managing both internal and external
relationships which are necessary to drive our D&I success.
Additionally, the Head of D&I will be responsible for
developing our long-term strategy to achieve top tier status in the
Diversity Best Practice Inclusion Index.
The Head of D&I reports directly to the Regional Head of Human
Resources (HR) and is a key member of the US Regional HR Leadership
Team, providing the leadership and vision necessary to move the
organization from awareness to an inclusive working environment.
Additionally, this role leads our efforts regionally for Corporate
Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to bring
innovative ideas that progress D&I at Munich Re US.
- Execute the existing D&I strategy for 2021 and drive
progress towards our 2023 diversity metric aspiration.
- Create and deliver long-term D&I strategic plans for Munich
Re US which contribute to a competitive corporate advantage, a
strong employer brand and business results. This includes
socialization and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and leaders
on a local, regional and global level.
- Deliver programs that align to D&I strategic plans and
- Lead volunteer resources including our D&I Council and our
D&I Advisory Network and effectively utilize these resources to
efficiently deliver on strategy.
- Maintain contact with thought leaders in the field and develop
strong relationships within the Munich Re group to ensure current
D&I topics are appropriately incorporated into the
organization's D&I and related strategies across the
- Align with cross-functional resources to deliver business
- Partnerships with HR in attraction, development and retention
of a diverse workforce.
- Deliver programs that educate employees and leaders to
recognize and appreciate individual differences.
- Alignment with strategic external partnerships with key
diversity sourcing associations and suppliers
- Develop strong partnerships with functional leaders, business
unit leadership, employee groups and other business areas to:
ensure D&I policies, processes, and practices support an
inclusive work environment; deepen external relationships;
highlight community investments; and deliver business value.
- Partner with and provide expert leadership to, employee
resource groups and create a framework so that these groups operate
consistently and collaboratively toward the execution of the
regional D&I strategy.
- Maintain overall D&I budget
- Enhance, Develop, and Monitor metrics for effectiveness of
D&I initiatives and report to senior management on a quarterly
- Create and maintain corporate assets including D &I
definitions, training materials, surveys and other related
material.Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Lead the MRAM/MRAS/MRSI Charitable Giving Committee.
- Participate in educating employee base on Munich Re ESG
- Represent Munich Re in industry groups like the IICF Board of
Directors and identify opportunities to advance industry's
commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Identify trends in the external and internal environment (risks
and opportunities). Utilize these insights to formulate a
comprehensive strategy to respond to challenges and integrate into
the current business model.
- Innovate and influence senior leadership to advance policies
- Build and maintain a strong and cooperative network in other
organizations to gather information and share best practices.
- Drive accountability among business leaders in adoption of
corporate social responsibility practices. Your profile
Qualifications For Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree in Organization Development and Leadership,
Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management,
Business Administration or closely related field
- Relevant and demonstrated D&I/HR/Corporate Social
- Strong knowledge and working experience with D&I
initiatives, change management, strategy development, leadership
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated through successful
creation and implementation of D&I strategies. Experience must
include influencing key stakeholders and inspiring internal
resources to buy in and contribute to the delivery and execution of
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and implementation of
training materials and diversity initiatives
- Excellent people skills to partner with and influence a dynamic
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and
commitment to corporate mission
- Strong professional presence and ability to relate effectively
with all levels of the organization including the general employee
population and executive leadership
- High level of cultural competence and ability to build targeted
programs to attract diverse candidates
- Knowledge of human rights legislation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
facilitate dialogue to move groups and teams forward
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task to drive a
number of D&I initiatives concurrently within deadlines and
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity
Executive (CDE), or other related diversity certification
- Travel required: 20-30%Preferred Skills and Experience
- 10+ years D&I/HR/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ability to think strategically and translate business and
individual needs into a strategy and associated actionable
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work through organizational complexity and ambiguity
and deliver against strategic plans
- Strong team player and collaborative agent for changePreferred
locations are Princeton, NJ; Amelia / Cincinnati, OH; Hartford, CT;
or New York, NY
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to
the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to
foster an inclusive culture and build a---workforce that reflects
the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and
work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues
feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best
every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing
our customers the most innovative products and services.We are an
equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. About us Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services
provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general
services, procurement and IT services. Apply now!
Keywords: Munich Re, Trenton , Head of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!