Systems Design Engineer III
Posted on: April 9, 2021
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:You will be a part of a dynamic Research &
Development team responsible for advancing business in the
disruptive, growing point of care diagnostics industry. You will
apply scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics and
ingenuity to complete assignments with limited supervision.POSITION
RESPONSIBILITIES:Works with limited supervision; primarily
determines and develops approaches to solutions; work is reviewed
upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives; identifies and
quantifies technical risks and their consequences relative to the
success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action;
decisions or recommendations would typically achieve departmental /
project objectives; drives functional performance to ensure
cross-functional standards and expectations are met; may assist in
the training of personnel as directed by management; may mentor
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and
Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Participate in the entire system or software development life
cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus
is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification
and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Participate in system-related tasks such as but not limited to:
requirements analysis, product test and evaluation, system
Verification & Validation (V&V), design reviews and design
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that
requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise,
comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable,
and that they conform to standards.
- Manage requirements traceability information with test data and
track requirements status.
- Devise strategy and methodology for system /product level
characterization and formal design verification of complex systems;
document through formal design reviews
- Develop design verification protocol for system/product level
requirements, conduct design verification testing; collect,
organize, analyze and document test results.
- Develop design validation protocols and conduct validation
studies against the user needs and intended product use.
- Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and
in accordance with business standards.
- Participate and/or co-lead cross-functional teams in support of
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures,
rules and regulations.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the Quality System.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably engineering or Computer Science
or equivalent experience desired. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience devising tests, creating design V&V protocols
and performing system verifications and validations
- Knowledge of general engineering / science principals and/or
- Experience in Medical Device industry preferred.
- Knowledge of defined development process that is consistent
with industry standards (e.g. ISO, FDA, CMMI, design control
standards or requirements).
- Knowledge of contemporary design control and risk management
- Understanding of electro-mechanical, software, mathematical,
chemical or biochemical processes in diagnostic systems. About
Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees.
We also know that an individual's success starts with the right
career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Trenton , Systems Design Engineer III, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!