Sr. Regional Lead Buyer
Company: Messer North America, Inc.
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Sr. Regional Lead Buyer We are a technology and applications
leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to
meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and
electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven
experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of
industrial, medical and specialty gases. We're the talented people
you know and trust, now with a new name. Today our deep
understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows
us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop
long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our
in-depth knowledge of customers' manufacturing processes enables
turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our
technology development capabilities are unrivaled Purpose of the
position * Lead & manage the effective execution of all procurement
activities related with strategic projects needed by Messer
Operations teams (Plants and Production, Turnarounds and
maintenance activities in plants or major equipment purchases).
* Negotiate and manage frame agreements (MSA) with global/regional
vendors for Americas.
* Coordinate with internal business stakeholders the required
* Ensure procurement activities are completed in accordance with
safety, quality and schedule goals.
* Develop and implement consistent request for proposals or quotes
and commercial processes in alignment with Messer Guidelines.
* Manage procurement reporting/communication functions for the
undergoing sourcing projects.
* Implement best practices in order to:
* Optimize supply chain within the organization.
* Ensure reliable delivery to internal stakeholders.
* Leverage sourcing activities across multiple projects.
* Identify bundle opportunities.
* Improve internal business partner relationship.
* Improve internal compliance level. * When required, coordinate
procurement activities to other procurement team members.
* Understand business strategies & provide an appropriate
* Develop, build and maintain relationships with key suppliers to
maximize suppliers added value to Messer.
* Own & deliver against procurement Financial & Organizational
* Achieve savings by improving project Budget or target costs.
Principal Responsibilities Procurement Coordination * Ensure
procurement early involvement.
* Direct key activities in the preparation and execution of
procurement activities and processes as required. Deliver Financial
targets * Coordinate the identification of initiatives to deliver
savings targets and meet general department objectives.
* Contribute to the delivery of financial targets by supporting
* Ensure that projects are completed in compliance with defined
time and budget (or target) requirements. Align Procurement
objectives with internal business stakeholder's strategies *
Understand regional business strategy and its consequences for
procurement needs for projects.
* Resolve any conflicts and agree priorities for the region.
* Build relationships with senior management in the Operations and
Legal teams, in order to maximize procurement added value.
Procurement Process * Perform complete request for proposals,
quotation or information.
* Perform negotiations and create bid tabulations, cost comparison,
* Ensure compliance to Messer procurement policies and
* KPI monitoring and reporting to procurement and business
* Standardize and automate tactical activities in alignment with
Procurement Execution team.
* To provide regular procurement progress reports as required.
* Create savings pipeline and ensure right tracking. Supplier
Relationships * Manage interactions with key suppliers.
* Evaluate key supplier performance for Quality.
* Joint supplier search for improvement opportunities. Internal
Business Partner (IBP) Relationships * Coordinate purchases with
Operations and Project Managers.
* Create, consolidate and update procurement plans provided by
Operations and Project Managers.
* Communicate process changes and improve buyer-customer
* Participate in project meetings.
* Prepare reports on purchases status. Promote corporate values of
the company * Ensure code of conduct is observed in all dealings
with our suppliers and business partners.
* Foster teamwork and mutual respect.
* Ensure staff and suppliers act in accordance with all appropriate
safety legislation and guidelines.
* Comply internally and externally with Messer ethics and code of
conduct guidelines. Required Skills * Commercial Awareness - good
understanding of key business drivers & strategic business planning
* Strong influencing skills
* Very high analytical skills
* Strong Excel skills
* ERP / SRM experience (SAP) and related reporting tools
* Proved Change Management agent - Ability to sponsor change
throughout the organization.
* Communication Skills - effective facilitation, presentation &
* Highly developed negotiation skills to achieve yearly cost saving
* Quality & Safety - Sponsorship of quality, safety and
* Project Management - Able to establish priorities and deliver
results when promised
* Willingness to travel if required Required qualifications *
Minimum undergraduate degree required; preferably in Business,
Engineering or Supply Chain
* More than 5 years of experience in supply chain, procurement or
relevant business with progressively increasing responsibilities
* At least 3 years leading and coordinating sourcing events or
procurement activities for industrial plants or construction.
* Six Sigma or Lean Tools expertise desired.
* Experience in sourcing for Turnarounds and maintenance activities
* Understand P2P process and have the experience of using various
procurement technologies and tools (i.e.: Coupa)
* Multinational experience Join us and you will be part of a
company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive
pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities
for ongoing training and career progression. Together we value
innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first,
working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find
solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our
colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where
your skills are valued and developed. Apply today @ If you need
assistance with the application or would like to request an
accommodation, call (877) 243-1030. MS1
Keywords: Messer North America, Inc., Trenton , Sr. Regional Lead Buyer, Other , Bridgewater, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!