Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Business Intelligence Analyst
CGI is seeking candidates for a Business Intelligence Analyst
within our US East BU. The Group leverages the transformative
potential of IT to partner with state and local regulatory agencies
to make government processes more efficient through business
process re-engineering, workflow automation, systems integration,
and enhanced business intelligence. Our Business Intelligence
Analyst are responsible for providing the technical insight
necessary to help our clients address challenges and achieve
A successful Business Intelligence Analyst at CGI's possesses a
sound understanding, data management, technical best practices and,
above all else, a demonstrable passion for technology and its
ability to solve difficult government challenges. While technical
knowledge/expertise is important, our Business Intelligence Analyst
must also demonstrate the communication and interpersonal skills
necessary to work with a team of professionals with cross
Candidates with 6 to 8 years of experience in IT industry as
Business Intelligence Analyst with following skillets:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in overall architecture of software systems for
products and solutions.
- 6-8 years as a Business intelligence/SQL developer with strong
- Strong SQL/PLSQL skills with ability to write complex queries,
stored procedures and functions.
- Deep understanding of database concepts
- 3-4 Years of experience in data visualization tools like Tableau
(Preferred) or Power BI to create interactive and intuitive
dashboards and stories.
- Experience in creating semantic layer for adhoc reporting
- Knowledge of basic statistics for data analysis
- Knowledge in data warehouse and data modelling concepts.
- 4-6 years of experience with Microsoft Business intelligence
(MSBI) tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server
Analytical Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge in SQL performance tuning
- Good understanding of the SDLC processes and practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Good to have:
- Knowledge in designing data warehouse and ETL frameworks
- Knowledge in data mining and cleansing
- Ability to self-govern BI content and analytic environment
- Experience in languages like Python or R for data analytics
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide input on project related technical matters, including
development approaches, ad hoc technical issues and questions on
environment and technical specifications
• Take complete ownership of his or her development work
• Provide development estimates
• Work with functional staff to establish and clarify requirements
for reports and Visualizations
• Develop, deploy and maintain reports/data visualizations based on
• Employ best practices in developing reports and visualizations by
combining technical skills with business insights
• Create SQL queries, Views and stored procs to consume and analyze
data needed for reports and visualizations
• Create semantic layers to serve ad hoc reporting requirements
• Tune performance of Visuals and SQL queries as needed
• Understand and implement content management approaches based on
the nature and volume of data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack - SSRS and SSAS
Tableau or Power BI
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Databases like SQL Server or Oracle
Reporting Tools like SSRS or SAP BO
Visualization Tools like Tableau or Power BI
Software Development Life Cycle
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political
affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected
status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Trenton , Business Intelligence Analyst, Other , Princeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!